Painted bathroom cabinet design?
four2knapp
I have painted my very used and abused, plain bathroom cabinets. There are 2 drawers with a single door on each end and a panel in the middle with double doors. I wanted to add a design with paint. I like the loopy design. I used Annie Sloan Chalk paint in Provence and will put dark wax over all, so the colour will be toned down (see sample -last pic). Questions.....
-Too much design? on both doors and drawers?
-just loopy design on drawers and white outline on doors? See my attempt at photoshop
-What do you think of the pulls?
-should I use the same pull for the drawers and the doors?
four2knapp
Here are the other photos......I haven't applied the dark wax yet...
May 9, 2013 at 3:32PM   
Genevieve
You did a lovely job on the design , I think that it all depends on the size of the room though! If you have a large bathroom it won't look so busy if not it will . I like the flower shaped pull . I'm mostly direct with my comments because I like people to be honest with me when I ask a question, I sure hate to sound like a don't appreciate the work that you have done on these doors . Personally I rather have the doors plain just like in the last picture that you posted and add the flower pull to them or the jewel one .
May 9, 2013 at 4:29PM     
Was this your inspiration? It is one of my favorite (massively expensive!) dressers! I love what you have done and find it very playful. Yes, it is busy, but in ways that will be fun.
May 9, 2013 at 4:49PM     
Genevieve
Oh look at that! I found the exact same one http://funkybear.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/bethany-scrolls.jpg
May 9, 2013 at 4:56PM   
zennifer
I like them, and I like the flower pull only. I might find a nice round brass one for the door and leXAve the flower one on the drawer.
.
May 9, 2013 at 6:08PM   
pupu4u
It looks amazing, I love the design, but maybe would use an art deco-ish glass pull to make it less busy
May 9, 2013 at 6:18PM     
solraven
I like the finished dresser, but not feeling the cabinets. I think what's missing is the shadows and dimension, that the painter did on the dresser. It looks like she/he used a darker green, or stain to outline the white, making it look more dimensional and sharp. I don't think it needs to be perfect to look amazing, but the shadowing and outlining, make it feel more finished.
May 9, 2013 at 6:25PM   
anniebird
I think your cabinets are ADORABLE!!! I wouldn't change them, and I favor the dark wax - I think it will give them a character similar to the chest above. I'd pass on both knob styles though, and take a hint from the Betthany Scrolls Chest - simple brass knobs will complement the design and allow the eye to rest where it belongs - on your fabulous handiwork:)
May 9, 2013 at 6:30PM     
four2knapp
-Yes, the Bethany Chest was my inspiration ( I could not figure out how to post/link it).
-The cabinets are completely flat knotty pine-without any dimension. Only the sample with the waxes has dimension.
-I agree, a simple brass or glass pull would look best...maybe with the flowers on the drawers :).
-Definitely the dark wax! I will clean up my lines and just want to decide before I start waxing.
-the bathroom itself is very very small. My husband hates it along with 1 daughter-she off to college in the fall. It is mostly my Full bathroom.
May 9, 2013 at 7:06PM     
Design all bathrooms with dark brown cabinets or switch it up?
We have 4 bathrooms to design. We're debating having...
Very elegant bathroom cabinets and design.
Could you tell me the maker and finish of the sink...
Need help with design for bathroom vanity,sinks,medicine cabinets
I want to have the vanity be almost black. Can I then...
Bathroom cabinet colour design
I am having my bathroom done, it's small, I'm having...
Wall and Window HELP for Dining Room!
I am looking for suggestions on what I should put above...
Need to protect my pegboard sink backsplash
I just put in a pegboard above my sink and painted...
This house needs your attention please !!!!
Our house needs serious help , facelift , exterior...
Looking for ideas to address the wall behind a corner wood stove.
I would love to have some kind of stone and mantel...
Window treatments for two story room
My living room is at two story "open to above" ceiling...