Which backsplash?
jbrake1
We want a simple backsplash. We are afraid white subway tile will be too sterile with so many whit cabinets, but don't want the marble to compete with the granite.
rinqreation
Mix the bottom three on the left.
0 Likes   May 10, 2013 at 11:39AM
Granite Grannies
I love the two taupe/ light brown subway tiles. I am usually a big fan of white marble tile, but I don't see it complementing the granite very well. I like it better than than the white subway. I agree that the white subway is a bit stark. Why not try warmer tones in the tile to play up the warmer tones in the granite?
0 Likes   May 10, 2013 at 11:39AM
jbrake1
Looking at the pic again, the colors are wonky. This one us better. We want to keep the backsplash light in color, we think.
0 Likes   May 10, 2013 at 11:51AM
lyciac
we have large matte white subway tiles for our backsplash (4x8 instead of the 3x6) and have accented them with glass tiles. I love the look of the glass tiles and agree with the other reader about the taupe/beige one - the second one up from the bottom. For us, doing the entire backsplash in glass tiles was too expensive so we went with the glass tile accent to break up the white. I liked the glass tiles as the accent because we were able to do something that was a bit splashy (our glass tiles are a deep red) without having it be overwhelming.
0 Likes   May 10, 2013 at 12:17PM
I'm not fond of accent lines, especially since you already have a short granite backsplash, so I vote for either the subway tiles on the right minus the accent (if the color goes with your cabinets--can't tell in that light), or for the second lightest of the glass tiles on the left.
0 Likes   May 10, 2013 at 12:27PM
carolins
Don't really like the ones on the right. Not even without the accent tile. From the ones on the left, the second from the bottom looks nice with the granite.
0 Likes   May 10, 2013 at 12:32PM
laurae1967
I like the subway tile second from the bottom....kind of taupe. I think the ones on the right look too gray next to the brown of the granite.
0 Likes   May 10, 2013 at 1:12PM
Do you mind mirrors in the dining room?
[houzz=http://www.houzz.com/photos/1124199/Vintage-Nouveau-Home-eclectic-dining-room-los-angeles] This...
Dark feature wall - where to position in relation to the window?
Hi, we have a small bathroom with a window facing the...
Young professional Rustic apt.
Hey guys I have always wanted the rustic/western style...
Vinyl wallcovering or wallpaper for powder room?
We want to wallpaper our powder room... It's a room...
Updating kitchen
can the wood cabinet panels be removed from this jenn...