Recommendations for comfortable chairs/recliners for family room.
darlenerunner
Does anyone have a recommendation for 2 comfortable chairs, maybe recliners for a family room. The room is a two story , with a floor to ceiling brick fireplace. My husband has a bad back and would like a recliner, but most recliners look like the old fashioned lazy boys. This is the sofa and love seat that I currently have, I will be reupholstering them, and moving the love seat to another room. The 2 chairs would replace the love seat.
darlenerunner
More pics
May 10, 2013 at 6:50PM   
CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
Here you go. Their company is simply the best. They have more modern styles..and you can find ones that are not so wide and huge like lazy boys....http://www.bradington-young.com/leather-recliner-chairs.asp
May 10, 2013 at 7:00PM     
darlenerunner
Thanks CMR, would you have a recommendation to what fabric and color to redo my sofa and love seat in? They will eventually be going to Florida to retire with us, but not for another 5 yrs or so:)
May 10, 2013 at 7:03PM   
JF fabrics are decent quality for the price. Find here: http://www.fabricsandhome.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54 I'd order samples and see what you like. Upholsterers like that brand as well because its usually under $50 a yard. Then go into a place that carries Bradington Young after you have your chenille choices...and look at the leathers and get pricing on what combinations you like together. Remember to get a CFA of each so you make sure that before you buy both products that both dye lots -both on the sofa fabric-and leather on the recliner match the original.
May 10, 2013 at 7:08PM     
darlenerunner
So you would recover in a chenille, any color selection? Trying to update the look while staying neutral.
May 10, 2013 at 7:18PM   
http://www.fabricsandhome.com/Kravet-Fabrics/LP11492
This is a modern chenille and it will wear really well with kids/ pets
May 10, 2013 at 7:28PM     
darlenerunner
Thx, I'll check out the recliners soon.
May 10, 2013 at 7:35PM   
Keitha
La-Z-Boy recliners have come a loooooong way! Here are some nice styles
May 10, 2013 at 8:38PM     
darlenerunner
Which recliner would be best for my room, I need two,I will also be reupholstering my sofa. Any opinions?
May 11, 2013 at 1:48PM   
darlenerunner
Would two leather recliners look too heavy in this room? Or use an upholstered recliner? They will replace the love seat.
May 11, 2013 at 2:58PM   
What would modernize that sofa would be one seat instead of 3. But your cushions should be thicker than these...By an inch-1.5" inches so it looks a little more bulk like the rest of the sofa .
May 11, 2013 at 4:00PM   
darlenerunner
Thanks, that is one of the reasons that we are reupholstering the sofa, I hate the cushions! I am not sure how much can be changed during reupholstering. As far as the chairs are concerned, do you think that I would be safer with the leather ones?
May 11, 2013 at 4:06PM   
Keitha
My vote is the leather chair
May 12, 2013 at 12:09AM     
TV Console Size
This is the last time, I promise! I am driving myself...
I need help choosing a backsplash.
My cabinets and counter were installed recently. I...
Need help, kitchen floor, Want a true wood look, using tile planks.
At the very beginning. I want a dark wood floor look...
Bonus Room With 1/2 Bath
We have a small to medium sized bonus room above our...