Clerestory help
mygponte
Hi!, Can I out pictures or any kind of deciration in tgat wall??..
Hardly a clerestory window...Fabric panels. i am multilingual. :>)
May 10, 2013 at 6:56pm   
mygponte
lol, wwhat do you call that window then?.. beside the panels since i really like a lot of light in the house...
May 10, 2013 at 6:59pm   
To be a clerestory window(s) it has to be higher than the neighboring roofs. So, clearing the surrounding roofs.

It is a transom, I guess. What if you did something like this? Outline the window in a darker paint and incorporate art work and furniture to make that wall special.

it is a great space to do something different.

May 10, 2013 at 7:06pm     
It looks like an ideal wall for the TV. Place a shade mounted above the window so that you can have all the window exposed when you want, but can lower it as you need to.

May 10, 2013 at 7:24pm     
mygponte
thank you Judy, thank you Carolyn, love both ideas... another qyestion, since Im going to use the furnitures in the atrach pict how do i place them?
the other picture is how tge fireplace looks.
thanks
May 10, 2013 at 7:31pm   
I don't think your sectional sofa will fit crosswise in the room, will it, and still have enough space to easily walk by it? So I would place the sectional sofa on the left wall, opposite the fireplace and have the chair facing the TV, just as it is in the photo above.
May 10, 2013 at 7:36pm     
mygponte
thank you Carolyn :))
May 10, 2013 at 7:43pm   
It looks like your coffee table is too big to fit between the sections of the sectional sofa. Maybe it you turned it the other way it would work better. It needs to be 18" out from the edge of the sofa.
May 10, 2013 at 7:46pm     
mygponte
great advices... :) thanks Carolyn, we just bought a house and i was planning to use the former living room in the family room. Although, now maybe i can use the new sectional that bought for the formal living room here if is smaller. I will check the dimensions.
May 10, 2013 at 7:57pm   
mygponte
ups I just realized I like white/ cream furniture... oh well... we live in Fl...
May 10, 2013 at 7:58pm   
Let us know how things are looking please.
May 11, 2013 at 5:49am     
Linda Jones
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In architecture, clerestory are any high windows above eye level. The purpose is to bring outside light, fresh air, or both into the inner space.
May 11, 2013 at 6:02am   
clerestory, in architecture, any fenestrated (windowed) wall of a room that is carried higher than the surrounding roofs to light the interior space.
May 11, 2013 at 11:45am   
leelee
When you move your furniture and rehang your painting above the sofa you should lower it so that the bottom of the picture is 5" inches above the back of the sofa. That is the correct placement. Also, when you hang other art make sure that the tops or bottoms of the pictures don't line up with each other or with other features such as door jambs or window tops.
May 11, 2013 at 12:01pm     
Awkward living room
Any design advice would be greatly appreciated! We...
Kitchen design help
All of this is going except the appliances. Going with...
What do you do when you're done with a pool?
Visiting friends in Brockville, Ontario, Canada, when...
Please help
What color cabinet hardware should I get? My cabinets...