August 10, 2011 in Photo Questions
what type of paint should I use , that would not show water rings - i am painting an old oak kitchen table and I have used polyur. coat before and it peeled off.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
DeCocco Design
Sand, baby, sand. Get that poly coat off. Then a coat of Kilz primer. Then some nice gloss or high gloss enamel paint slathered all over. Letting every coat take it's sweet time to truly dry. Last, have a piece of glass cut for the top--a bit of a pain to windex it every day or so (after washing), but your tabletop will look great for years to come. The whole project takes time, but is worth every second. I painted mine charcoal many years ago and it's still fabulous.
August 10, 2011 at 1:53pm     
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Restyled Home
I did it quickly (a couple of days before a photo shoot!) using Kilz spray primer and then spray painted the top, too, with an oil based cream colored paint.
But don't do what I did! It has held up well, but the pros would frown on my technique!!
August 22, 2012 at 11:23am     
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Choosing art color for family room
I have a primarily beige, mushroom, and white family...
Need help choosing living room furniture color
My husband and I are closing on a house in the next...
I need help with a kitchen dilemma
I have existing Baltic brown worktops and have added...
I need help with kitchen worktops
I have existing Baltic brown kitchen worktops, but...
Should girls have less pink in their bedrooms/lives?
I am trying to decide whether to paint my young daughter's...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™