Moving a wall 4' and the hardwood floor is no longer available. Suggestions on what to do with the 4' strip?
mylaramsey
No images available, but we are moving the wall in our living room back 4'. The wood floor is no longer available. What can we do with the strip along the front of the living room?
Just because a specific brand or finish of wood flooring is no longer available doesn't mean it can't be matched by a talented hardwood flooring specialist. We matched a new hardwood floor to a 90 year old hardwood floor when we built a great room addition where the floors needed to be continuous.
May 12, 2013 at 7:47am   
mylaramsey
We do have someone trying to match it, but it is a wire scraped beech with a low gloss finish. They are not optimistic about getting a close enough match. Maybe I should look for a different person to try match it.
May 12, 2013 at 7:53am   
Well the fall back position would be to put in beech and refinish the floors in the whole living room so that the new matches the old. But I think it is worth exploring whether it can be matched without refinishing first.
May 12, 2013 at 8:10am   
mylaramsey
Thanks, we are trying to match it! It runs through the whole condo, so we would have to refinish or replace about 3000 square feet of wood. Not what I want to do!!
May 12, 2013 at 8:21am   
Yarbro Home Improvement LLC
Is it in a area ( a dividing line between to rooms )where you can put in a contrasting piece of flooring ( or other material ) and engrave or paint some script with a pleasant greeting or a favorite quote of yours? Can't hide it, then accentuate it. Just a thought
May 12, 2013 at 8:45am   
Does anyone actually sit and eat brekky together?
My family refuses to sit down and eat together each...
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....
please help to choose granite countertops for oak cabinets
We are thinking to put on emerald pearl granite vs...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
is it possible to have 2 bedrooms for a 30 sq meters condo?
Hi, do you think it is possible to have a 2 bedroom...