Marble is a soft stone, how does it withstand stains, chipping, and the general wear and tear of a kitchen?
grtirado
May 12, 2013 in Photo Questions
Granite Grannies
Marble is a relatively soft stone. Relatively is the key word. It's not very likely to chip, but is more likely to get discolorations and scratches than granite. It's certainly not going to stain the instant you pour something on it. Here's what I like to ask clients considering marble kitchens: "If in the next ten years your countertops got a couple nicks and discolorations here and there, would you regret installing marble?" If the answer is yes, then don't get it. But if you don't mind the possibility of a bit of character of the years, go for it. If you are asking for the purposes of backsplash, then it's very unlikely that you will stain or scratch marble backsplash. Your not cutting or spilling anything directly on it.

Soapstone Counters with White Carrara Marble Full Backsplash
White Carrara Marble Kitchen
May 13, 2013 at 12:51pm   
RH - Distressed White Oak Finish
Hi all! I am not anywhere near a Restoration Hardware...
What would you suggest for window treatment?
Large stacked windows in our great room. Our main...
Front garden beds and improving street appeal.
I recently purchased my first house :) There are two...
Need Advice on Rug Size and Style
I'm in the process of redecorating my family room and...