Woods Wallpaper help
daniellehsu
I am using Woods wallpaper in Onyx/White for one wall in my kids' reasonably large bedroom. The other walls need to be re-painted. I'd like to stick with a light neutral color...any suggestions as to which one? The background of the paper seems more gray to me than white. Any suggestions to colors if I went outside my comfort zone and did something more colorful?
Are you in the UK? I used a Farrow & Ball paint - but you have to be careful with what else you have in the room as it may give off a pink, yellow or blue hue depending on what is there. Will track down what I used.
May 12, 2013 at 11:09am   
It was Wimborne White - which is a slightly offwhite

May 12, 2013 at 11:12am   
daniellehsu
Thank you, I'm in NYC and can get FB paint. I love their paint but 1) it's expensive and 2) that deep pigment is a catch 22 with regards to light/other items. A yellow hue would be ok...what do I need in the room to get that?? Room hasn't been done yet, so far just the paper and using birch furniture and a couple of primary/kids color accent pieces.
May 13, 2013 at 5:52am   
The yellow hue usually comes fom hardwood floors. Some woods tend to have yellows like oak, birch, pine
May 13, 2013 at 2:02pm   
A. Peltier Interiors
You could try revere pewter from Benjamin Moore. It's a nice neutral taupe and the you amass lots of color in the art and accessories.
May 13, 2013 at 2:14pm