Need help with exterior paint and landscape
Michaela Smith
Having a terrible time trying to find good paint/trim combo to go with this brick. Also, getting a new roof this season. Any suggestions on paint/trim, roof and landscaping are greatly appreciated.

Attached some photos of front and back. Thanks a bunch!
HERE Design and Architecture
Personally, I think your best bet will be to paint the trim the same color as the red brick. Re: roofing colors - you will often have a fairly limited choice of colors so it is hard to comment without knowing what you are choosing from.
May 16, 2013 at 8:41AM   
movethisnotthat
paint the red brick same color as the beige/tan brick, charcoal shingles...removing the evergreens would also give you an updated look.
May 16, 2013 at 8:50AM     
Sheila Rowan
Paint the siding the same as one of your 2 brick colors. I would change the trim from stark white to a cream a couple of shades lighter than the light brick. It would also help if you can thin out that enormous tree between your driveway and front walk; if it can't be thinned then I would bite the bullet and have it replaced with something that won't hide the front of your house.
May 16, 2013 at 8:53AM   
Personally i don't mind the 2 toned brick look, and I agree with a complimentary color for the siding in the back.
May 16, 2013 at 8:55AM   
felixgrantham
Please, don't paint the trim red! Paint your eave gutters to match your roof & the downspouts to match your siding. you may want to paint all the brick - I am not a big fan of the 2-tone brick. Paint your garage door to match the siding. Sage or a light gray would be nice colors with a charcoal gray roof. If you don't open the window on the front right, remove the screen. Also, if you could afford some more substantial columns in front (square, with no Y shape) - that would greatly enhance your curb appeal. Paint your back screen door to match your back door - that will make it more harmonious.
May 16, 2013 at 8:59AM   
hparks74
Nice house very well kept and clean... you might want to look into staining your brick with concrete stain. It's less upkeep than paint. It's funny how taste and style has matured over the last 60 years. The color combos of the past are something I'm sure many designers don't want repeated.
May 16, 2013 at 9:10AM     
Michaela Smith
Thank you for the suggestions. I will check out the concrete stains for the brick. That big tree is going to have to go. Considering making a more substantial front patio with bigger columns and shutters...
May 17, 2013 at 12:36PM   
Need help with exterior paint and landscape design
We recently purchased this home on Vancouver Island....
Help I need landscaping and exterior help :-)
My husband and I purchased this house and we are almost...
Exterior Needs Landscaping, Trim and Paint. Need Designs!
This is my first home and My husband and I are looking...
Laundry and powder room- onyx sand porcelain
Hi- We are removing the linoleum and thinking of tile....
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...
My office needs an upgrade! Suggestions needed.
I've been with my company for three years, the person...
Aluminum wrap around a sidelight
So. In the increasing frustration with our builder…….I...
need help figuring floor space needed at tall breakfast bar
I will be building a house within the next year, I...