How to clean white hard water deposits off granite/quartz countertop
danak527
I have a Granite Transformation countertop. There are white stains around the faucets where water had been left to dry. If a poultice is recommended, which chemical and base is suggested...thank you
May 12, 2013 at 5:40PM     
Granite Transformations
Hi, Dana! For stubborn dried spills, we recommend using OxiClean mixed into a paste and applied with a scouring pad (such as Scotch Brite or a soft plastic pad). Lightly scrub to avoid potentially damaging the countertop. Another option is to mix baking soda and warm water into a paste and apply-- but do not leave on the surface for more than 5 minutes. If this does not work, then the last resort would be to use bleach or white vinegar diluted with warm water, using a cotton rag to apply and wipe off.
May 14, 2013 at 1:31PM     
danak527
Thank You...BTW- when I called my local Granite Transformations shop, I was told there was nothing I could do. I appreciate your help and will let you know how it worked!
May 14, 2013 at 3:01PM     
Granite Transformations
We're sorry to hear that, Dana. Please let us know how this treatment works out.
June 4, 2013 at 8:27AM     
mkmcgr
I also have granite transformation kitchen countertops. Love the look but heavily used areas don't stay as smooth surfaced as areas getting less use. What does granite transformations suggest for these areas and what do you suggest for daily cleaning? My local company suggested windex.
June 4, 2013 at 9:27AM   
mkmcgr
By the way I use cutting boards always! My local company said it may be residue from water or soap.
June 4, 2013 at 9:39AM   
danak527
@Granite Transformations: none of the recommendations worked :( I then called my water conditioner company (Nuvo H20) and they sent me a natural citrus cleaner. That did not work either. I have since applied a brown furniture stain... Blends in pretty well, definitely less noticeable than the white. Any suggestions to bring back the sheen (a sealer of some sort?).
June 5, 2013 at 7:27AM   
Granite Transformations
For daily cleanings, you can use a soap and warm water solution. You can also use mild household cleaners such as Windex without Ammonia (Crystal Rain) or Formula 409.

For countertop polishes, we recommend Gel Gloss, Countertop Magic or Rock Doctor. These are for quick cleaning and bringing the luster of the surface up without leaving a residue that streaks.
June 27, 2013 at 7:38AM   
danak527
Thanks so much. I have used Gel Gloss with much success for many years. Good to know I can use on this product!
June 27, 2013 at 10:05AM     
Is black granite/quartz countertop hard to keep clean?
I am re-doing my entire kitchen with white cabinets...
Can you tell me what granite/quartz the countertop in the kitchen is?
I am redoing my kitchen with dark cabinets and my décor...
Granite/quartz countertop color help wanted!
Planning to re-do the countertops and add a tile backsplash....
Are white or off white kitchen cabinets hard to keep clean?
I am in the early stages of building and have always...
wood trim and doors or white?
I have wood trim and doors in my house. i want to change...
LANDSCAPING HELP! Front of house - Landscaping - Ashby, MA
The width of the house is 38'. The front yard is 105'...
Bachelor's First Condo HELP!!
Mid 20s young professional who just recently purchased...
Help with setting up a narrow rectangle living room/ dining room combo
Hello, I am looking for some designer insight as to...
Have you used Ikea cabinets in your kitchen?
I am smack dab in the middle of a kitchen remodel and...