Bathroom Rug
jsavarese
We recently renovated our bathroom and love the material we picked, however it feels a little cold. We want a rug to warm things up but traditional bathroom rugs are not big enought. Can we use any type of rung in a bathroom or does it have to be a certain material.
tennisanyone
I like your floor. I would not use a rug in the bathroom especially in your case when you walk right out of the shower.
May 13, 2013 at 6:39am   
I bought a bamboo "rug" and then placed a bathmat underneath it. This way I keep the colour scheme (as you have) and then the absorbent - softness when you get out the bath.

May 13, 2013 at 6:50am   
eileenrsavarese
I love that, thank you!
May 13, 2013 at 6:55am   
mefor
Indoor/outdoor rugs now come in many textures. Some are really soft and many look like indoor rugs. Much better looking than a bathroom rug. What style are you looking for?
May 13, 2013 at 7:01am   
eileenrsavarese
Contemporary but warm
May 13, 2013 at 7:05am   
mefor
Pottery barn, grandson road, Ballard designs all have great selections. Pottery barn is featuring some in perfect color combinations for your cabinetry and floor. Some stripes and Kilims that are really striking. Also Home Decorators has a big selection.
May 13, 2013 at 7:11am   
eileenrsavarese
Do you think I can put a wool rug in there or should I stick with cotton?
May 13, 2013 at 7:18am   
mefor
Take a look at the rugs on the pottery barn site. Some if them look and feel like wool. I think that would be more substantial than a cotton rug which might feel too skimpy underfoot. The indoor outdoor can take the moisture , they're easy to clean and are made to take a lot of sunlight without fading, so in the house it should be indestructible.
May 13, 2013 at 7:27am   
bluenan
I have a wool rug outside of my tub and it's warm and looks good and can be cleaned. I know they sell a lot of cotton rugs for baths, but they dry very slowly which makes them less than ideal, they mat down, and they absorb everything, so unless you can throw it in the washing machine every couple of days, don't go with cotton. If it's a larger cotton rug that can't be thrown in the washer, forget it. I've taken large cotton rugs to be professionally cleaned and they wouldn't guarantee they could get it clean and really didn't want to deal with it, so I ended up getting rid of it.
May 13, 2013 at 7:28am   
eileenrsavarese
Very good advice, thank you!
May 13, 2013 at 8:10am   
Wilma Stanton
you have a clean easy slate that can take almost any color you would like to use. Do you like nature such as sea shore scene or a splash of color which could be changed at any time. It should be fun.
May 13, 2013 at 9:05am   
Should we buy this?
My bf and I have been looking for months for a new...
ceiling medallions for light fixture-Yes or no
Just wondering if I should use a small ceiling medallion...
How do I hide these ugly speakers?!
These speakers ruin the aesthetics of the room, how...
Does anybody know of any 74.5 in. bathroom vanities on sale?
This is just speculation right now since it'll be a...
How Bad Is Bad?
Well, the cabinet crew followed the drawings and completed...