Need landscaping advice to hide unsightly air/heat units
jenson
My family uses a side entry into our new house. This south-facing side has two large air/heat units. I'm trying to figure out the best way to camouflage them. I've thought about enclosing them with a picket-style fence but the units are spaced so far apart.... Right now I have a butterfly bush in front of each unit and these bushes should help hide the units once they grow to maturity -- but the bushes will only camouflage the units from mid-summer to fall. I'm not a big fan of arborvitae shrubs. This is really my only significant flower/gardening area & I like using it as an area for bird feeders. Any advice? THANK YOU!
jenson
Another view that might help...
0 Likes   May 13, 2013 at 9:36AM
Surround them with white lattice enclosures or trim that matches that on your archway.
1 Like   May 13, 2013 at 12:01PM
nFORMAL design
decoenthusiaste probably has about the best idea for this case. There isn't too much you can really do since I'm sure you don't want anything tall that would block your view from inside the house. I'm not sure why you think the picket fence idea wouldn't work either. How far apart are they? Are you worried about the cost because of the amount of fencing you'd need or possible accessibility issues? You could cut some white picket fencing down to the correct size and create a latch/door for access when needed.
0 Likes   May 13, 2013 at 12:26PM
Aja Mazin
I agree with deco.

As a native Floridian, I have seen many "solutions and by far, a lattice work enclosure is the most attractive and functional answer.

Lattice work will not restrict the air and is economical.
0 Likes   May 13, 2013 at 12:39PM
jenson
Thank you all! I am going to try surrounding them with fence/lattice after all. Maybe I can look at this solution as another place to hang one more bird feeder. :) Appreciate you guys taking the time to give me your advice!
1 Like   May 14, 2013 at 4:50AM
leelee
Yes, before reading above comments above I was going to say lattice...painted white and then plant sweet pea vines to cover. It'll be a great backdrop for the rest of your flowers. I love your house.
Don't forget your hummingbird feeders.
1 Like   May 14, 2013 at 5:07AM
Roma Fence
Have a look at our utility screen, We make it in custom iron as well. Can be ordered. www.romafence.com
Feel free to message us if you have any questions :). . Your other option is to do as you mentioned, set up a small picket fence, or you could set up large planters around it. You could find that at any hardware store.
0 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 10:10AM
Ideas to disguise or hide my split air/heat ductless split system
This 10 by 14 family room is being built and I do...
Hiding a commercial heat and air unit on a flat roof.
I have a long den with 8' ceilings and a flat roof...
Need help Hiding my Air conditionning unit
Hello. I have a dilemma with our minisplit AC unit....
Need help with idea to keep snow off new split heat/air unit
The new unit is outside and we are trying to come up...
Updating Exterior - Need help with landscaping & hiding heat pump
I'm in the process of updating my '80's ranch. The...
Backsplash help!!!
Hi my kitchen is all done except backsplash and paint....
Kitchen floor help!
We are finally getting around to updating our kitchen...
Bar stool questions
Are these barstools okay or should I use something...
**Dining area Dilemma**
Two birds, one stone hopefully. First, lots of empty...
What to do with mantel - paint? Any other suggestions would be help.
Hubby loves paneling. We want to keep room rustic.