What to do with wide open wall and window treatments

Sheri O'Kain ReedMay 13, 2013
New TV and Entertainment center, we are ready for a change, took down most of old decor and can paint over scroll design on wall. We want more casual, Pottery barn style..HELP! Fireplace wall is fine, but over the TV needs help and new window treatments are also needed!! Photo also attached of rug in this room. Thanks for your feedback!
I think two-story drapes in a simple fabric would look fab! Eliminate the chair and a half, pull the sofa back to the edge of the flooring, mount TV above the FP (tilt if needed for viewing,) add two chairs and a table plus art where the TV is now and a console or credenza at the stairwell wall. Paint your favorite color from the rug. Add pillows, accessories in other colors from the rug. Search the box above for two story drape under Photos to see some inspiration.
Hawthorn Woods Columbia Living Room · More Info
    Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 11:46AM
Arranged To Sell, LLC
I agree, I think two story drapes would look fabulous!
    Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 11:48AM
Sheri O'Kain Reed
Sofa is a sectional so it must remain in its place. TV cannot be mounted it also must remain in place. Any other thoughts?
    Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 11:49AM
Sheri O'Kain Reed
Also, I tend to think 2 story drapes make it more formal, and we are trying to make it more casual...am I wrong?
    Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 11:50AM
There are so many options with this room, but you seem to be anchored to the current arrangement. Are you sure you're ready for a re-design?
    Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 11:55AM
Sheri O'Kain Reed
The TV and sofa are both new, so really just looking for feedback on curtains and the large open wall. Our previous entertainment center took up way more space so this has opened it up quite a bit.
    Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 11:57AM
Sheri O'Kain Reed
The chair and a half can definitely go...
    Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 11:58AM
It's a Beautiful World!
Sheri, if you think you may need artwork to bring interest to the space above TV, you can check out our page. Here are some art ideas, in warm colors, if that is what you prefer. And you will find more options here http://ben-and-raisa-gertsberg.artistwebsites.com/galleries.html Best of luck updating your room!... Raisahttp://www.houzz.com/photos/3197860/Water-And-Ice---Red-Splash-giclee-art-print-by-Ben-and-Raisa-Gertsberg-modern-artwork-
Warm Swirl by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg - canvas art, art print, giclee · More Info
Trip To The Past by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg - canvas art, art print, giclee · More Info
Red Kangaroo Paw by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg - canvas art, art print, giclee · More Info
Wind by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg - canvas art, art print, giclee · More Info
    Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 12:11PM
Cyndi
I love your room and design, I agree the chair and a half could go. The drapes I like too. Some large art work to fill wall would look great and another smaller chair that would fit space better.
You have great taste.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 12:22PM
haoa
I'd look into some battery operated solars, or sail shades in a cornices box for the top windows. There are tons of patterns to chooses from to fit the rest of your design.
    Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 1:06PM
Window treatments for odd windows
Looking for window treatment ideas for my windows ....
Lisa
What should I do for window treatments? And additional lighting?
I'm torn between wood blinds or roman shades with some...
lrussell
What window treatments do I do here?
I have three tall, skinny windows in my dining room....
stiley
Starting Over-need advice
We got rid of all our living room furniture and are...
haley82
Help: Powder Bathroom Lighting Ideas?
Hi! I recently moved, but the new house (old house...
Sara Puentes
Our new house
What to do with this beast?? All suggestions welcome!...
vivdame
new bathroom
Would like to have a soaking tub as well as a steam...
roses227
I Need help !
I'm looking for a backsplah that will go with my counter...
jacinto12