This Dining room needs help!
Tara Corcimiglia
Walls are a blue gray, curtains, chandelier and cabinet (filled with MacKenzie items) on the right needs to stay. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thank You!
Sundeleaf Painting
Are you wanting to stay with the blue gray walls? Even if you don't, this room would look terrific with crown molding and a larger baseboard. OR even better (though it would cost more) is installing wainscot molding, painted the trim color...leaving the blue walls above or changing the color. From a painting perspective!

A nice valance that allows more light, more for decor than full curtains would be good too.
May 13, 2013 at 1:00pm     
CHISM BROTHERS PAINTING
I'd agree with @sundeleaf on the molding upgrades and keeping the colors. Then I like the picture of the blue striped walls that @genevieve posted. That is easy for a quality painting company to achieve. It is not all that expensive to do the striping. It looks amazing too!
May 13, 2013 at 1:44pm   
Tara Corcimiglia
I was looking at that lamp for 3 months now! What do you think about these mirrors? Would one of them work over the buffet on the left?
May 13, 2013 at 1:46pm     
Genevieve
I like the round mirror better.
May 13, 2013 at 1:51pm   
the_misfit
Just wanted to say I love the furniture you have here! If it were me, I would do something to make the space lighter - either a lighter color for the walls, or the lower halves white, or maybe do sheers with the curtains and have the heavy curtains all the way open - or all of those. I would also say that the rug and the table cloth (especially the table cloth) don't really match the style of the rest of the room. I'd probably skip a table cloth, or maybe go with a nice runner - something that goes a little better with the formality and ornateness of the furniture. And I'd be tempted to go for an oriental rug in there, which would also go better with the furniture.

If I'm seeing the perspective right, it looks like that settee is pulled up to the table for seating. What about moving it around to one of the table's longer sides, so it isn't wider than the table? (Since it's also taller, it looks a little awkward at the table's narrower end.)

I think the tops of the walls need more attention, too. Crown molding would be great. And something should hang above the buffet - is that mirror on the floor intended for that spot? If not, I might go for a gold-framed mirror (or picture), just to create some variety with the carved dark wood. You could certainly hang a few more framed items around the room at eye level as well. And - maybe the collection of candlesticks could go on the buffet, and some fresh flowers could go on the table? That would make things sunnier.
May 13, 2013 at 1:54pm   
Tara Corcimiglia
what do you think about the mirrors I posted above?
May 13, 2013 at 2:06pm   
Tara Corcimiglia
You all have been wonderful!!!! Thank you! I'll hang the mirror and show you how it looks!
May 13, 2013 at 2:45pm     
Vango - your personal art curator
Have you thought about art?

check out arttwo50.com. all original art that is inspired by you and your space through their innovative new ipad app. you can also find all their work on pinterest.com/arttwo50
October 1, 2013 at 5:29pm   
Need Help/Ideas W/ Living Room/Dining Room. Layout help & design help
I've included larger and more pictures in the thread...
Need help for living room dining room one room paint color
Living room dining room Would like to do all white....
Need help on my kitchen/dining room/ living room flooring ideas
We are commencing a very extensive remodel of a 1968...
Need help finishing wall/fireplace in family room
I removed a large ugly brown wall unit and installed...
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...
Need help with color scheme for front door and shutters!
We'd like to give our home a facelift with a new front...
Should I remove these cabinet doors?
We are painting the hardware in our kitchen this weekend...