Need help finding a coordinating shower floor tile!
asdflkjad
May 14, 2013 in Design Dilemma
My shower is 30"x60" (was formerly a tub/shower combo) and I'm going for a contemporary-bordering-modern look. I was planning on using Emser Strands, Twilight, 12x24 tile in a straight lay on the walls, but I really don't like the patchwork look of the matching floor tile (picture 1) and I wanted a little contrast between the wall and floor.

I had fallen in love with the Cool Grays mosaics from Shades by Crossville (picture 2) but found out it was way over my budget at ~$30/sq ft. I'm looking for a coordinating gray ceramic/porcelain tile, rectangular (square is second preference) in the $15 sq/ft. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want the pebble look, nor do I have any natural-stone type elements in my house.

My last resort is going to be DalTile Veranda Solids, Titanium, 3x3 mosiac, but I can't find any examples of the mosaic to visualize the color variation and the DalTile showroom nearby doesn't have any. You can't even order a sample of the 3x3 on their website.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
colonialgp
Before ditching the first example, think about grout color. Not sure if you would change your mind if the grout was a contrasting color to the tile. A white or light gray grout would certainly lighten up the tile. That said, your shower seems like it will be very dark, unless you have a good light source coming in.
0 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 9:31AM
Darzy
How about a less expensive ceramic tile, then do accent bands of the high end tile you love? Design thought only..not the color. Light gray 12 x 24 on the walls horizontally, then the high end band??

0 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 9:42AM
sstarr
I am doing my bathroom in a similar way, and have spent a great deal of time looking at title options. I have ended up falling in love with LEA Ceramiche Slimtech, which is very modern, subtle, and blends with the colors you're using.
0 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 9:48AM
asdflkjad
@colonialgp, it's the criss-cross nature of the strands pattern that I don't like with the floor tile. Else I would consider it in a slightly lighter gray. @sstarr93 I love your bathroom. It's the overall color palette I'm going for, I'm going to look into any mosaic tiles from that designer.
0 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 9:59AM
sstarr
Well that's not my actual bathroom, unfortunately! It is from the LEA brochure!
0 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 10:18AM