Wall color for my living room
Kellytn80
Hello! I am having a dilemma on what color to paint my living room walls. I recently purchased a new living room set that is a blue/grey color. I plan to put brightly painted (think pink, orange, turquoise) frames and pictures on my walls (copying the colors in the rug). I originally thought the sofa was more light grey in color and planned to paint my walls dark grey so the frames would pop, but the sofa has alot more blue to it. Help please?
brachaf
What color are the curtains??
0 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 11:25AM
brachaf
And anyways you can still paint the walls a cool grey....I think that would blend the nicest espcly if you plan on puttin a lot of color on the wall....
0 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 11:26AM
brachaf
I'll also say one more thing I don't really think your coffe table and end table go with the look and the lamp now that you've got new couches maybe you can replace this for a sleeker darker wood....
0 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 11:28AM
The color of your coffee table, with a different lamp and pillows.

0 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 11:29AM
printesa
You can paint them gray. I have my office wall in a blue-gray and then side chairs, which have a similar color as your sofa. It looks really nice. You can't go wrong, especially if you are planning to use colorful frames.
0 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 11:29AM
Kellytn80
I am still in the redecorating process so the end tables, coffee table, lamps and pillows are not what I will have long term. Those are from my last living room set. I plan to change the lamps to some with drum shades, paint the coffee table (not sure on a color yet) and switch the end tables out to something a bit smaller. The pillows will still be bright colors, but in fun prints. I really love the eclectic feel and want it to be fun and bright :)
0 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 11:36AM
Kellytn80
My current curtains are eggplant purple, which is in the rug. However, I'm not 100% set on keeping them. They are from the last couch set that I had, so I am open to suggestions there as well.
0 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 11:36AM
Kellytn80
This is the "look" I was leaning towards.
0 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 11:39AM
printesa
I like your inspiration photo. You can do just that.
0 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 12:38PM
Allison Sass
I think the dark gray will still work, just choose carefully to get one that goes with the exact blue you have. you don't want a gray that is going off in some other direction.
0 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 12:43PM
Nancy Walton
If you go with such a dark grey for the walls, a nice, light, airy drapery wouldn't make it feel like it was a cave. Unless, of course, that's the look you're going for.
0 Likes   May 14, 2013 at 12:57PM
Kellytn80
I was hopeful that the darker grey would still work, but wasn't sure since the furniture is more blue than I anticipated. Thankfully I have a very large window that lets in a lot of light during the day, so it won't darken up the room too much. I considered changing the drapes to a lighter color, like yellow, since the window is such a focal point in the room. Maybe add some shades in a fun color as well.
0 Likes   May 15, 2013 at 5:59AM
lin15
I think a glass coffee table would make you room look bigger and your colorful rug would pop through .. You also have quite a bit of furniture what appears to be a small space. Perhaps using a see through roller shade instead of drapery? My thought on the paint ...check out the grey so it carries blue or taupe undertones.
0 Likes   May 15, 2013 at 6:20AM
Wood flooring color
Doing entire ranch home minus bedrooms. Walls all...
Living Room Bay window
We have plain white room darkening shades on now. I...
Flooring ideas for a garage office
Hi, I am looking for some inexpensive flooring options...
Need help decorating my living room
I am trying to update LR. Every wall has a opening...
Drapes for 18ft ceiling
Would like to fully open drapes so all window is seen...