Kitchen backsplash decision??
grantk1
New kitchen about to go in & I'm second-guessing my backsplash plan : ( Below is picture of counter (Taj Mahal) Cabinet (a taupe/grey with cocoa glaze) dark wood floors, stainless other - room gets lots of light. My plan was light taupe shiny subway tile ; and for over cooktop - a framed area with off white tumbled smaller squares & small keystones matching the field tile (taupe subway) . I'm NOW worrying it's too much taupe, it's too much shine, it's too ordinary looking, needing some more texture, or zip, etc. - but not wanting to take away from beautiful counter.* I am pretty conservative. I considered the arabesque/quartrefoil shapes I've seen - but worry they are too trendy - plus they are $$$. Any ideas from any kitchen decorators out there? : )
If you are pretty conservative, these muted colours go together but have a shiny edge to give it a modern but subtle twist. For kitchens, I prefer a very neutral base and then you can use accents such as jars, appliances etc to give it colour (and allow you the versatility to change out as and when you please)
May 14, 2013 at 9:02pm     
murphleea
I am by no means a professional decorator, but I Love the color pallet! To me is says casual, cozy and welcoming - especially if your floors are dark. And like the above post said - add your "zip"/splash of color with your accessories. Especially love the cabinets!
May 14, 2013 at 9:13pm   
hold48398
Love love love the Taj Mahal quartzite...looked at it for our remodel but it was unaffordable :(. Nice choice! As far as the backsplash goes, I love our choice there...a brushed steel! It looks AMAZING.
May 14, 2013 at 11:13pm   
Need help in kitchen backsplash decision
I am having my kitchen redone next week. I have red...
Decisions, decisions, decisions! Kitchen remodel dilemma!
We are updating our kitchen counters and although I...
Kitchen.....decisions decisions
Hey there...we recently renovating a old home.we got...
decisions, decisions arghhhh need help for kitchen Please
Hi my fellow houzzers, please help me decide backsplash...
How do you keep your belongings safe?
Jewellery, watches, passport, a secret diary - how...
New set up for living room
Need some help on what sofa set up to get with this...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...
What is best (white) paint for kitchen cabinets
I live in CA, and I think Dura Poxy from Kelly Moore...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...