Should your front door color match the color of your shutters?
Kim Ernstberger
I'd like to change the door color but can I add another color to exterior of the house?
CDR Design
Nice house!

You certainly can add another color here. Suggestions would be: black, a golden yellow or a turquoise.

To give your house more consistency, I would place 3 rockers on each side of the porch and keep them in a neat row. It would be fun to paint those rockers the same color as the front door. Trim the bushes along the front porch railing lower.
May 15, 2013 at 3:04am   
OnePlan
I think it looks better if the front door matches either the shutters or is white . But as long as the is a link somewhere ie if you chose dark grey like the roof you can change - just putting in a random colour looks out of place if it doesn't tie in with anything else !!!
May 15, 2013 at 3:06am   
carolins
Hi,
If you upload your photo in the Sherwin-Williams colour visualizer (or Behr or Benjamin Moore or... I suppose all paint manufacturer's websites must have a feature where you can test out colour on your house, but I like the Sherwin-Williams one), you can play around a bit with colour on your front door and see if it works or not.

Front door and shutters don't háve to be the same colour, but in your case I think it is nicest to have them all the same. Or you could see how a lighter shade of the same colour will look on your front door.
Good luck.
Lovely house.
May 15, 2013 at 3:08am   
Any help for my room? Thanks!!!
Hi, I'm hannah, I am going to be a junior this year...
Need help over kitchen sink for spices
Have a small kitchen, that had an unusable window above...
Stain or Paint Deck
I'm not sure which is best. Should I stain or paint...