6years old girls bedroom
Mike WalkerMay 15, 2013
I need ideas. We have just moved and my daughter wants an Enchanted bedroom and ballerinas. Not sure where to start, any ideas are welcome.
Julie x
apos
Unless you have the money to repaint every few years, may I suggest picking a nice light color that will stay on the walls for years, pale yellow, pink, rose, etc. Then use accessories like throws, pillows, pictures, lamps, etc for the rest. You could even use removable decals on the walls. If she likes Disney, use a Tinkerbell lamp. You can get switch plates at any local hardware store that has princesses on it. If you can't find an affordable curtain, make one out of bedsheets that already have the type of print she likes, it's less expensive, easier, and already hemmed, than fabric. Or if you have the money, have a local seemstress make designer curtains from material you have picked out. I'm not pushing Disney, but their store (online catalog) has lots of Enchanted ideas.
As far as Ballerinas, you could make a tutu lamp shade (as long as it doesn't get hot). Strip a lamp shade and use jewelry wire and baubles in vertical strips (different colors and sizes) then hang it from the ceiling over the existing light. This would glow pretty colors when the light is on.
Pictures/posters of ballerinas in various sizes hung on the wall in various posses would also look great.
Place a hook in the ceiling over her bed then drape some shear fabric down to create a tower like area. You can place it at the head of the bed for a little accent or the center of the bed to encompass the entire bed. Make sure you find a ceiling joist for the hook.
Remember it's cheaper to buy new accessories every few years than it is to repaint.
    Bookmark   May 15, 2013 at 7:59AM
A. Peltier Interiors
I would add in the enchanted or ballerina theme in just your art and accessories. So search online, etsy or art.com and find some art that you like. Then start to work your room around that. Find bedding, drapes and a color palette based on this art and your room will look pulled together. Good luck and what a fun project for you and your daughter!
    Bookmark   May 15, 2013 at 8:10AM
Lift and Stor Beds
An idea that kids love when they're young because it's "cool" and when they're older because of its functionality is a hidden bed! http://storagebeds.com/products/hidden-beds Or if you need more storage room for her toys, there are storage beds as well http://storagebeds.com/products/storage-beds
    Bookmark   May 15, 2013 at 11:40AM
What is a good neutral color to paint my 4 year old girls bedroom?
What is a good neutral color to paint my (daughter)...
Brigette Ann
Please HELP with my 2 year old bedroom?? Oak Trim ugh??
Hi, I am totally new to this discussion site and...
tinarogers
Color advice for 12 year old girl who wants black or blood red, yikes!
I am re-doing my daughters' bedroom, pic below. Instead...
miloshouse
Design chalenge: A room for a baby boy and 8 year old girl
Hi all!!! Just got a baby boy in November, and have...
sango08
21 year old twins girls' bedroom
I am moving into a rental apartment and my daughters...
csandrich
Kitchen help
Hi, I have a pretty straightforward question. I have...
Pat Reeves
Ideas for 1960's ranch exterior
What would you do with this exterior? The door is a...
bstorr1974
Great Room Lacks Some Style
I'd so appreciate some ideas to fit my Mediterranean/Transitional...
lamujerdegary
I need help for my family room
I would to appreciate who can give what is the suitable...
pity30002000
I need help
pity30002000