STILL need more storage!
fyre19
May 15, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have a very small space that I'm trying to use as my 'walk-thru' closet, yet still keep it available for overnight guests. The main under utilized space is the corner where the TV is located. I need to put something there that will allow me more storage (have a wireless printer that I'd love to hide there!) Main problem is clearance. I have 38" from the wall to the bed and 42" from the wall to the door. I thought about a kitchen cabinet, but don't have the clearance. I also have a small area next to the bed, or even above it on the opposite wall. Wall to door measurements is 80". I really can't put anything substantial on the floor because I have trundle drawers under the bed that I need to access. The final area is where I have my shoes now (okay only some of them - lol) I have 21" once I open my closet door to the sunroom door. btw, to complicate matters I'd like to keep things as neat as possible because I am trying to utilize this as the main entrance to the sunroom. I am very open to using any type of creative wall systems, keeping in mind that I've almost maxed out my budget on a closet system and the bed. Thoughts....suggestions?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Do you have a solid door for an "over-the-door" shoe rack?
0 Likes   May 15, 2013 at 8:49AM
fyre19
Yes, actually already using that for an over the door hanger for hoodies and such....
0 Likes   May 15, 2013 at 8:53AM
decoenthusiaste
I use a pocket OTD rack for socks. Could be handy over the bathroom door for undies, hose, anything you'd don after a bath. Consider putting your chest against the wall and wall mounting the TV. That would allow you to put a shelf and basket system on the wall that runs beside the bed, just for storing off season items you don't need to access.
0 Likes   May 15, 2013 at 8:59AM
PRO
Lift and Stor Beds
Beds are the biggest space invaders in any room. There are actually a few ways where you could turn this into an awesome storage space while keeping it available for guest use. I would recommend a hidden bed http://storagebeds.com/products/hidden-beds or a storage bed http://storagebeds.com/products/storage-beds because these will give you far more storage space and turn your biggest space invader into one of your largest storage space providers!
0 Likes   May 15, 2013 at 11:34AM