STILL need more storage!
fyre19
I have a very small space that I'm trying to use as my 'walk-thru' closet, yet still keep it available for overnight guests. The main under utilized space is the corner where the TV is located. I need to put something there that will allow me more storage (have a wireless printer that I'd love to hide there!) Main problem is clearance. I have 38" from the wall to the bed and 42" from the wall to the door. I thought about a kitchen cabinet, but don't have the clearance. I also have a small area next to the bed, or even above it on the opposite wall. Wall to door measurements is 80". I really can't put anything substantial on the floor because I have trundle drawers under the bed that I need to access. The final area is where I have my shoes now (okay only some of them - lol) I have 21" once I open my closet door to the sunroom door. btw, to complicate matters I'd like to keep things as neat as possible because I am trying to utilize this as the main entrance to the sunroom. I am very open to using any type of creative wall systems, keeping in mind that I've almost maxed out my budget on a closet system and the bed. Thoughts....suggestions?
Do you have a solid door for an "over-the-door" shoe rack?
0 Likes   May 15, 2013 at 8:49AM
fyre19
Yes, actually already using that for an over the door hanger for hoodies and such....
0 Likes   May 15, 2013 at 8:53AM
I use a pocket OTD rack for socks. Could be handy over the bathroom door for undies, hose, anything you'd don after a bath. Consider putting your chest against the wall and wall mounting the TV. That would allow you to put a shelf and basket system on the wall that runs beside the bed, just for storing off season items you don't need to access.
0 Likes   May 15, 2013 at 8:59AM
Lift and Stor Beds
Beds are the biggest space invaders in any room. There are actually a few ways where you could turn this into an awesome storage space while keeping it available for guest use. I would recommend a hidden bed http://storagebeds.com/products/hidden-beds or a storage bed http://storagebeds.com/products/storage-beds because these will give you far more storage space and turn your biggest space invader into one of your largest storage space providers!
0 Likes   May 15, 2013 at 11:34AM
still need more advice on fence color
want a serene back yard,will this color do it,same...
Still looking for theses chairs. Found them at Homegoods. Need 6 more.
Anyone seen any of theses in any Homegoods marshalls...
Small Kitchen - Need help finding room for more storage (shelving, etc)
We just purchased a new townhome but the kitchen has...
Need more storage space in small condo in Santa Monica
Galley kitchen in 12sf condo. would like to extend...
Small small ...best way to fill it
This wall is a small width (5'2") and needs decorating. I...
Kitchen hardware
My home is a 25 yr. old colonial. Oak everywhere!...
Valances
Where do you go to buy quality, but affordable, valances?...
Light in master bath-- w/medicine cabinet???
We are planning master bath renno soon. House is concrete...
Update Stucco, Trim, Front Door and New Garage Door
We have lived in this home for 25 years. I would like...