sophielee
August 13, 2011 in Photo Questions
I have the same sectional sofa - in black. If the pictures on the wall are in a variety of colors, will they still look good?
Nicole Lanteri
They definitely can! Without seeing the pictures or the wall you are considering putting them on, I would think about how to make the colors seem organized. I think that's what makes this space feel so nice -- there is a symmetry to the look but also a casualness. If I were to put color pictures in this space I would use either white wood or black wood frames with large white or light gray mats and show just a small part of the color image. Then I would be sure to hang them in an organized way on the wall and low enough so that they talk with the couch. Then consider adding one color pillow just to tie the color together. Maybe add an Ikea sheepskin small accent rug on the floor just to balance the wall and the floor. Have fun!
August 14, 2011 at 2:32AM   
taddpeake
Here is one way to find out. Coordinating the pillows to a dominate color or two in the art could tie it together.
August 14, 2011 at 4:28AM   
sophielee
Wow! Thanks very much for both your suggestions. From your explanation n colored illustrations, I can see how I can coordinate the colors on the pictures with the cushions.
August 15, 2011 at 7:19AM   
Granite for kitchen
I need help with choosing granite with black kitchen...
Update my foyer please!
Our home was built in 1900 and is a classic American...
Need help with curb appeal with a side facing house!!!
We need some ideas on how to improve the curb appeal...
repair claw foot tub
we recently bought an old home that has an old rusty...
Need help on open kitchen and living area.
Need suggestions on kitchen, living room and dining...