Is it finished yet????
ksatin1
I have redecorated my master bedroom and still feel like it might be missing something. Suggestions and comments welcome!
Kelly Nesbitt
It's lovely! A big rug at the end of the bed but partly under the bed would finish it I reckon :)
4 Likes   May 16, 2013 at 1:42PM
Large prints / art above the bed would make them feel more substantial.
2 Likes   May 16, 2013 at 1:43PM
michigammemom
I would suggest hanging the bold floral prints over the bed to repeat the magenta color of your monogrammed accent pillow. The black and white photos, thought very nice do not provide enough contrast...the light mats and frames do not give them enough weight and importance as a focal point.
3 Likes   May 16, 2013 at 1:43PM
Purcell Quality, Inc.
Yes I agree, a rug and maybe if there is room you could place a small chair to the left of the television.
   May 16, 2013 at 1:44PM
How about a flokati rug at the end of the bed?

May 16, 2013 at 1:47PM
BTW..you've done a nice job. It looks very pretty. Is it just me or would the lamps look better taller? Try putting pretty hardbound books underneath the lamps to raise them up and see how it looks to you.
   May 16, 2013 at 1:49PM
Kristin Satin
Not finished yet.... Need a larger flat screen for your husband!!
1 Like   May 16, 2013 at 2:20PM
ksatin1
I love the idea of the rug, thanks everyone! I only have 2 magenta pictures and I can only work in odd numbers when hanging groups. Only 2 would look weird for me. But I am willing to give it a try. Darzy- I hate those lamp shades. Love the book idea!!!!
   May 16, 2013 at 3:19PM
Blue Bird Design
Could you move the tall chest of drawers to the far side of the room beside the larger window. It looks a little cramped where it is and also blocks out daylight. I agree that you need to tie in stronger colours to lift the design and do take another look at the pictures above bed - these should be larger or one large piece in stronger colours. A rug would really help and how about a bench at end of bed - cover it in a strong colour to tie in or simply drape fabric/throw over this and a chair. Would you hang curtains from just under the ceiling - you would need to add fabric (PLAIN) either at top or bottom.
   May 17, 2013 at 3:05AM
   May 17, 2013 at 3:06AM
ksatin1
Thanks Blue Bird Design. I am afraid if I move the chest it would be a wall of wood and too heavy. I know I need a rug and any suggestions are welcome. Due to the pattern of the curtains I am worried about which rug. I also kinda hate the lamps and fan. Suggestions....thoughts????
   May 19, 2013 at 4:46PM
ksatin1
I am considering this light.
1 Like   May 19, 2013 at 4:47PM
Whispar Design
Good idea - the ceiling fan looks out of place with the decor you have done - a chandelier would do nicely
   May 19, 2013 at 5:28PM
LB Interiors
Great job, Love the colors. I feel the grouping of three should come down to about 8" from the headboard. I would get larger frames and mat the photos in the magenta color. I also think the lamps could be taller and like 'Darzy's idea to raise them with books. You won't have to buy new ones. I like those lamps.
   May 19, 2013 at 5:47PM
giniaginia
That's a cute chandelier. You need it to be larger. The side lamps need to be 3 times that size. The mirror is no good. You need something with texture. Can you paint any of that furniture? It's too matchy and much too dull for you. White, black, tan. I love the bed. Yes the pictures above it are too small for that space. And the pictures behind the lamps don't work. If you get another one they can go above the bed. Bring the zebra in somewhere else, Maybe even a more muted zebra rug. Those vases are too cold. You're picking fine items, just not all for that room. Have you tried Ballard designs for inspiration.? It seems like your style.
   May 19, 2013 at 6:07PM
giniaginia
sorry for the repeat
   May 19, 2013 at 6:11PM
ksatin1
I do like Ballard. That rug only comes in tan or black. I found this one at West Elm.
   May 19, 2013 at 6:33PM
Nancy O'Hara Interiors
The total height of lamp plus table should be approximately 60" from floor to top of finial. The lamps do look too small but otherwise you did a great job!
   May 19, 2013 at 6:49PM
giniaginia
Love it.
   May 19, 2013 at 6:51PM
pcookie
Love it all and you've received great suggestions. The only things that stuck out to me were the lack of contrast in the pics over the bed, the small bedside lamps, and the zebra curtains. Those just seemed a little out of character for the rest of the room which is more polished.
   May 19, 2013 at 6:59PM
Need help choosing a black for exterior doors and shutters
Painting our house Benjamin Moore linen white...what...
Design dead end....
I have been looking at this kitchen wall and counter...
Need help on choosing metal finishes for my new home
I am building a new house. It will have white kitchen...
Window Treatment indecision...
In the LR I have 1 large window, 3 small windows (1...
What color walls for living room? Leave or update?
The walls were done before I updated the upholstery...