Need feedback on gravel driveways with cell grid systems
arlinevg
We are completely re-doing our front yard and will be installing a new driveway to replace the old 1950's cracked concrete one. To be more green we are going to go with gravel, but have read a lot about these grid systems with geotextile fabric backing. The grid system gets laid down on your subgrade and then the small angular gravel gets poured and spread on top of these cells. This keeps the gravel from moving around, but still allows the water to permeate through to the water table. Would love to hear if anyone has installed them and if you like them?
I have seen them in use but not used them personally. I thought they looked great, but on closer inspection, I find that you do see the frames and you have to top up the gravel "tubes" more frequently as a result.
I laud your decision to go for gravel for ecological reasons. Thank you.
May 16, 2013 at 11:25PM   
arlinevg
Thank you. I think these cell grids to hold the gravel in place (also used for creating grass driveways too) will be taking off like crazy. They are commonly used in the UK (so many people there have gravel drives). I'd just love to see and hear from others firsthand before I expend the extra $$$.
May 17, 2013 at 9:12PM   
i don't like the beams
we just bought a new house and are currently doing...
What color walls to match this crazy carpet I kinda dig?
Ok, bought a house today. Not looking to put a lot...
Lets start working on the guest room
While I wait on items to arrive for the other rooms,...
What color should I be?
I found this free Armoire and I am considering painting...