Need help! New living room!
pauperches
May 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hi!! I am in process of decorating my living room. Is a very large and bright space. I do not know what color to paint the walls. I need ideas for forniture as well and what do you think about the wood wall? Should I paint it darker? Thank you!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Mona Ives
I actually love the wood! I would try a color like BM blonde wood or a very light creamy beige. The furniture is colorful and I would want to not compete with the wood. You could also paint them a light grey (although personally I'm sick of grey), and I'm sure some others will give you some good shades to try. I would just get a larger coffee table - yours is underscaled and consider an area rug over that lovely stone floor to warm the place up. Great room!
1 Like   May 17, 2013 at 1:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Daniel Dionne Designs llc
Hi pauperches. I too love the wood and the cantilevered hearth. I also love your sectional! The chairs, not so much. Add a patterned area rug and find a larger lounge chair (and ottoman?) to place next to the fireplace and a smaller chair to set next to the sectional. I think a LARGE metal and glass cocktail table would be a nice touch, or given the length of the sectional, two smaller cocktail tables... I like the art over the sectional, but feel that you need a series of three related pieces to more fully address that expanse of wall over the sectional. Perhaps the one over the sectional would work better over the fireplace. Your windows need help. Consider very sheer functioning sheer panels, ceiling mounted on "Architrac" traversing hardware. Nice space! I can't wait to see how it progresses. Please keep us posted with progress pics... Good Luck.
1 Like   May 17, 2013 at 1:57PM