Formal living and dining
christelaoun
Do you think that this living room will go with this dining room style?
Daniel Dionne Designs llc
Absolutely. The lines of the mirrored chest are really what will pull these spaces together for my eye. Also, the fabrics help to create continuity. Go for it!
3 Likes   May 17, 2013 at 12:46PM
Mona Ives
Are the rooms open to one another? Perhaps have the chairs in the living area done in a darker wood tone to tie in better. But they should look fine.
4 Likes   May 17, 2013 at 12:52PM
OnePlan
They both look very smart and match well !But i can't imagine putting my feet up on the sofa or breaking wind in either rooms ?!? Well not without being issued a detention ?! So do hope you have a casual room somewhere too ?!
3 Likes   May 17, 2013 at 1:40PM
christelaoun
Thank you all for you comments! I will purchase the dinning set tomorrow since its on sale for Memorial Day !!!!
Oneplan you made me laugh with your comment! We do have another living room and dining room that are more casual!
This will be the formal area for events only where all feet stay on the floor hahah!!
1 Like   May 17, 2013 at 2:09PM
OnePlan
Phew ! Glad to have made you chuckle !! It really is lovely furniture !!
0 Likes   May 17, 2013 at 2:54PM
christelaoun
I am considering painting the walls this color and the trims antique white... What do guys think
0 Likes   May 17, 2013 at 3:10PM
christelaoun
Is this color better?
2 Likes   May 17, 2013 at 3:42PM
studio10001
I think both are beautiful shades that need to be tested on the walls for an accurate choice.
2 Likes   May 17, 2013 at 4:09PM
Judy M
You have great design instinct, so sample the paint colors you like in the room and then you'll know which one.
1 Like   May 17, 2013 at 4:18PM
christelaoun
Would this chandelier look nice on top of the dining room ? I wanted something modern. Btw I didn't purchase the top part of the buffet as shown in the picture.
0 Likes   June 22, 2013 at 4:23PM
Daniel Dionne Designs llc
LOVE the concept. Not sure about the housing. It looks pretty utilitarian... It's all about the details. This level of bling would be terrific for the space. I like the direction you are headed. Can't wait to see it evolve.
1 Like   June 26, 2013 at 9:53AM
christelaoun
I have a dilemma !!! The dining room is 12.5' by 13.5' feet and on one of the walls I have 2 wall lights. I am not sure if I should cancel these 2 wall lights or I should keep them.
If I decide to keep them I will have to purchase something like the picture that I have attached to match the chandelier.
The buffet will go in between the wall lights.
Should I keep them or cancel the lights!!! Help!!!!
0 Likes   June 29, 2013 at 7:39PM
christelaoun
This a picture of the dining room with the previous owners furniture! Fyi My contractor started to remove the wall paper and the carpet today!!!!
0 Likes   June 29, 2013 at 7:42PM
Josie Scaletta
Can you post here that dining room set is from?? Love it.
1 Like   June 29, 2013 at 8:17PM
christelaoun
Hi Josie,
If you're asking about the previous owners dining table... I'm not really sure it's a 25+ years old set. The new one I'm getting is from Martha Stewart.
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 6:33AM
sharpkl
Have you looked at the chesterfield style sofa by Martha Stewart? Then she has the high wing chairs that blend with your dining set.
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 6:40AM
christelaoun
Hi sharpkl,
I tried to look for what you suggested and I couldn't find it. Will you please sent me a picture.
Thanks :)
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 6:46AM
Candace Adkins
Geesh I love your living room furniture. Can you come decorate my house lol! Its beautiful
1 Like   June 30, 2013 at 6:49AM
Josie Scaletta
Thanks! Was referring to your new one. It's really nice
1 Like   June 30, 2013 at 6:52AM
christelaoun
Guys I need some advice with the wall lights!! Should I keep them or just cancel the outlet?
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 7:01AM
sharpkl
Oh I am such a klutz. The sofa is Martha Stewart Saybridge. The wing chair in that collection is not what I meant. There is anther more contemporary wing chair that has the same arms and trim as your dining set. I will look for it? Meantime
1 Like   June 30, 2013 at 7:59AM
Daniel Dionne Designs llc
christelaoun, without a photo it is hard to answer your question. In general, since your room is relatively small, I would recommend keeping them. That said, the real informed answer will depend on the style of the existing sconces and may lead to other considerations, ie: Sconces, but not THESE sconces, etc. Sconces provide ambient task or accent light without dedicating any top surfaces for buffet or table lamps. This is why they often make sense in small spaces. Sconces will not eliminate the need for a chandelier and possibly other lighting elements, depending on space plan and functional considerations. Ftr, I wouldr ecommend that you select a completely different modern sconce than the chandelier. Something clean, that will enhance, not compete with the uber bling of the chandelier. Something that will play a supporting, not lead role in the overall mix. Perhaps something very architectural. Just a thought...
2 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 8:19AM
christelaoun
Thank you Daniel !! Would you be able to send me a picture of a wall light style so I can have a better idea of what you mean...
Ill be able to look in that direction
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 8:29AM
Daniel Dionne Designs llc
Stop it! You are in my head... ;-) Poof! Your wish is granted. Here are 6 sconces, any of which I would pair with the chandelier that you showed us before. They are a variety of styles, but all are visually light and clean of line and have an architectural presence to them. Let me know your thoughts.
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 8:36AM
Daniel Dionne Designs llc
I suppose the images would be helpful, no?
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 8:38AM
Daniel Dionne Designs llc
And 2 more...
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 8:38AM
Daniel Dionne Designs llc
OK, the left hand option in the second pair is a bit drag queen, but hey, YOU may have an inner drag flag you are dying to fly... We are equal opp. We don't judge. I actually recently completed a project that has some of the same general elements to which you seem to be drawn. Check out the project, "Shimmer" on my profile. I think you will agree. Cool sconces shown in that project also. Hope this is all helpful. Success!
1 Like   June 30, 2013 at 8:41AM
christelaoun
Daniel you're the best!!! :) from the first selection I love the first one very elegant! I like the last one as well it has a modern look to it. About the first option from your second message... I will pass on that :p
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 8:49AM
Daniel Dionne Designs llc
I understand. ;-) Ya never know...
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 8:51AM
christelaoun
Daniel :))) where do you think I can buy the last one from the first selection!??
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 9:20AM
Daniel Dionne Designs llc
www.lampsplus.com. Style#G6530 This sconce is 16 1/4" high, I believe. If you consider other options, I would not go smaller than that and would also be sure that whatever you ultimately select has a distinctly vertical orientation. When you install them or have them installed, a dimmer is a MUST. Chandelier too. Good Luck.
2 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 9:32AM
christelaoun
I'm so disappointed!!! I was about to place the order when I noticed that the back plate is black :( I want it to be chrome ....
1 Like   June 30, 2013 at 10:02AM
nikikola
Not too much?But looks grate your home.
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 12:50PM
Palmer Architect
This is a fabulous combination! It's great to know the whole world isn't into the sleek, minimalist and un-loved look.
It like the warmer wall colour - maybe buy a sample can and try a bit first, just so you can see the effect. Colour is so mutable, (a good thing), depending on surface, natural light, artificial light, day, night....
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 1:04PM
Palmer Architect
Re the chandelier...
There's a lot going on in this overall concept already. I'd think about a simpler chandelier or else a classic French-style crystal one - something that doesn't hit you over the head with it's need to make a statement.
-an architect in Canada
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 1:10PM
Daniel Dionne Designs llc
Certainly, since you are building a modern classic eclectic vibe, a traditional Crystal would also work, christelaoun. Check out Lamps plus again. The assortment is SO varied. I would be amazed if you don't find other terrrific options for both chandelier and sconces. Good Luck.
0 Likes   June 30, 2013 at 2:34PM
Better for resale, a formal dining room or formal living room?
What's worth more, a formal living room or formal dining...
Michele Taber Art
Formal dining room or formal living room?
Many new homes don't have formal living rooms or dining...
Belle Chaise
Drapes in joined formal dining and living room
My formal dining and living room share the front part...
maggie1212
Hate my new granite!!! This whole process has been a nightmare :(
I'm really trying not to get so worked up about this,...
mhaber22
What to do with off center fireplace, tv and furniture placement.
My 1954 ranchelo living room is 15 x 13 and I don't...
zeeveezee
rredpenn
Family room furniture for family
Help!!! We are in desperate need of enough seating...
ksinva
Where to hang kitchen hand towel
In my new kitchen, the stove is on the other side of...
Jessica Habicht