White slip covered sofa
lhpulver
I see many design articles that feature white slip covered sofas and chairs; many for families with children and dogs. I love the look but doubt they can really be kept clean. Any families out there with white furniture that isn't a nightmare to keep clean?
The beauty of slip covers is they can be washed relatively easily.
1 Like   May 18, 2013 at 10:37AM
I do not have slipcovered furniture, but a friend has Crate and Barrel and she swears by it. When she washes it, she puts it on still a little damp.

My go to indestructible fabric is Ultrasuede…not microfiber. The real deal with the trademark. It is amazing.
   May 18, 2013 at 10:37AM
I have had Pottery Barn slipcovered furniture (ie proper fitted covers that are removable for machine washing) for over 10 years in cream and in white - we have had two kids grow up and a cat with muddy paws from time to time. All come out no problem. (the stains, not the kids!)

I did not know about the brand Ultrasuede but I suspect I have it on some armchairs that are upholstered (from the US) but seem to withstand the worst of treatment!
   May 18, 2013 at 10:48AM
Need help with curb appeal-please!
Zone 6a. Hate the green shutters and awnings. Awnings...
Kitchen splashback ideas???? HELP!!!
We have just painted our entire downstairs and finally...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Ikea "Ingmarie" curtains?
Hi, this is a trivial question... I would like to change...
Asymmetrical fireplace help
We are replacing our tile floor with laminate and so...