HELP!! Need cabinet ideas FAST!
amber1960
Our remodel starts in three weeks with new tile and new paint. NOW we've decided to possibly change out the cabinets. I included the tile and granite pics too.
Thank you for your suggestions!
Stoneshop
A medium to dark brown cabinet would look very sophisticated with your selections. You could even get away with an espresso if you wanted to add more drama.
May 18, 2013 at 12:06PM   
amber1960
Thank you. I was looking at the newer kitchens today and many are white/light wood or painted. But maybe the medium to darker would stay in style longer.
May 18, 2013 at 12:10PM   
sstarr
Your architecture looks much more modern than your cabinetry. What look are you trying to accomplish?
May 18, 2013 at 12:13PM   
Stoneshop
White cabinets could look nice. However, with light granite and floor tile choices (at least they appear light in the photos), you need something darker to bring in some contrast and add interest to the space.
May 18, 2013 at 12:15PM   
Scott Design, Inc.
Are you saying that you are going to take out your existing cabinets, redesign the layout of the kitchen and purchase new cabinets? If so, put off the start date. You need a kitchen designer. In the meantime, you need to provide more information for us to begin to make good suggestions... for starters...dimensions of the room, location of the room relative to other rooms e.g. dining room, mudroom. Is this an eat-in kitchen now? What don't you like about the existing kitchen? Do you want a snack bar at the island if possible? What style you are trying to achieve? etc. etc.
May 18, 2013 at 12:16PM   
amber1960
Thank you for your message. It's not going to be a redesign. We have two islands....one is a cooking and the other eating. Yes it is an eat in kitchen. I included a picture looking from the family room in to the kitchen and one of the breakfast area.
May 18, 2013 at 12:55PM   
ruthmand
Are you saying that you have decided on your new flooring and countertop but now need to decide on new cabinets? Sorry, but your dilemma/question is still not very clear.
May 18, 2013 at 1:09PM   
amber1960
I'm sorry. I have the new flooring picked out which I included a picture of. The granite counters stay and I included a picture of it. We are going to do something with the cabinets only and then paint and tile. Is that more clear?
May 18, 2013 at 1:14PM   
ruthmand
If the counters stay it will be very difficult to change out the lower cabinets. I am not sure it is even possible. Have you discussed this with your contractor? You can certainly paint them, stain them or possible change out the doors. Have you thought of changing your island(s) only? That maybe a more feasible project considering your time constraints and countertops staying. Now would be the time to do that if you are redoing the flooring.
May 18, 2013 at 1:26PM   
need single garage fast/do you have ideas?
have 2 bd. cottage, costal look, need to add a single...
I need help for exterior color help fast!
My new construction house is all Hardie Plank. The...
Need help fast!!
Going to put on a roof, can not decide Metal or 3 dem....
Need help picking a sunny yellow paint for retro kitchen
I have a Brady bunch kitchen. I am trying to select...
kitchen nook suggestions needed
I have attached a picture of my kitchen nook. I have...
my family room is too dark we receny
fly added light to the beams but oit is still dark....
m h
Mixed wood color dilemma in new house construction!
The strip is a flooring sample of hand scraped plantation...