Prefer obscure glass for our new master bathroom frameless shower.
elainemh
Will that hurt future resale value? I do not like the look of water spots and the loss of privacy when kids come in room! Thanks
LB Interiors
I've been in my home a long time. My hubby and I debated on this issue. We just changed two bathrooms. We installed clear doors. It is just the two of us, so we were willing to squeegee the doors after every shower to keep them looking unused.

It seems to be what buyers are looking for today. I think you need to think about the upkeep, if you have children and most importantly how long you will be in this home. I'm sure there are some practical buyers who would not want the upkeep. It's probably a toss up.

Unltimately, weigh your options about what seems most comfortable for you and your family for whatever reasons they may be. If you have a housekeeper :)) that would help to make a decision.

If you choose to go with clear glass, install a lock on the door :))
May 18, 2013 at 5:22pm   
tennisanyone
18 years ago we put in a new shower clear door in the master bath and promised everyday we would use a squeegee. Well that lasted about a month and now I have water stains and we are ready for a new door and also ready to update the bathroom once more. What was in style like brass l8 years ago is no longer in style. Nothing last forever so go with what you like now.
May 18, 2013 at 5:30pm   
elainemh
Thanks for the info. My concern is the large majority prefers clear glass but I just don't feel I would be happy with it.
May 18, 2013 at 5:32pm   
LB Interiors
Go with your feeling! It's always the best for you!
May 18, 2013 at 5:35pm     
tennisanyone
Just one more thought, I actually prefer to see who is coming in the bathroom and kids are more embarrassed to see you in the shower and when they turn into teenagers, they really don't want to see you so will avoid you at all costs in the shower LOL and then it will be just you and your husband. You will outlast the shower door and replace them for a new buyer eventually.
May 18, 2013 at 5:42pm     
Nancy Walton
You could have both! Have an opaque band across the middle of the door for privacy, and clear at the top and bottom... problem solved.
May 18, 2013 at 11:52pm     
LB Interiors
If you have both, the clear sections of the door will still have more water spots visible. It is a good option tho.
May 19, 2013 at 1:00am   
You can choose clear glass and then add a removable film such as this. This allows you the flexibility. www.brume.co.uk (I think Amazon sells similar products)
May 19, 2013 at 1:07am     
tennisanyone
My last thought again, I promise. As I was standing in my shower with the clear doors, I am glad I did clear glass because I like looking out onto my property which is private and seeing all the trees. I guess it depends what you are looking at through the glass.
May 19, 2013 at 8:19am   
Need help with exterior paint colors roof and windows
Just bought this baby poo colored house and need ideas...
Total overhaul!
Hi, I'm thinking of redecorating this 1960's London...
Help needed in updating the look of the exterior of this house
As seen from the picture this is a really old house....
Help on decorating family room
Just bought a house and need help choosing tv stand!...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...