Wood or faux wood??
pepermintpatty
May 19, 2013 in Photo Questions
on two story cape cod house where everything is in wood would I be happy with non wood shutters thinking they would be easier for cleaning and no chipping etc ?
Blindsgalore
Either is fine, the finishes are very similar and both will be easy to clean., With a Cape Cod you definitely want to stay away from vinyl. We offer a great composite faux wood from Bali, the Euroview Shutters. http://www.blindsgalore.com/WindowProduct.asp?id=255602
July 17, 2013 at 8:24am   
pepermintpatty
this really helps me for my remodel--where are you located. thanks for this information and your link.
July 17, 2013 at 3:50pm   
Blindsgalore
We are an online only retailer and all products are drop shipped right to your door
July 17, 2013 at 4:09pm   
pepermintpatty
thanks I will keep your info for my contractor
July 17, 2013 at 4:37pm   
South East Installation Solutions, LLC
A quality wood shutter will last you much longer than a vinyl or a composite shutter. AND it will typically increase your homes resell value. You do yourself a disservice if you do not have a local dealer come to your home to measure for proper fit and show you the differences in the various products.
July 18, 2013 at 8:12pm   
pepermintpatty
I AGREE SINCE WE HAVE ALL WOOD. MY HUSBAND IS GREATFUL FOR REINFORCEMENT ON WHAT HE THOUGHT.THANKS FOR TAKING TIME TO HELP US AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT GAVE US THEIR IDEAS. THIS SITE IS GREAT!!
July 19, 2013 at 12:13am   
Timberlane Inc.
Our Endurian line of shutters is maintenance-free, synthetic material. Learn more here: http://www.timberlane.com/resource-center/ordering-support-mat/shutter-material/endurian/#.Ue1ubdKG3Ic
July 22, 2013 at 10:40am   
pepermintpatty
Hi: Thanks for this info- I would be getting white since I have a cape cod house, and am leaning towards wood. Does your synthetic have a shine to it--that is what I am seeing & if you get up close it does not look like real wood. On your real wood shutters do I need extra quality wood if I will not be staining--just painting white? I need a good wood, but not stain quality right? Do you have shutters that are already painted white, and if you do will they blend in with the white house paint I choose, and can they be repainted. I would appreciate any help you can give me.
July 22, 2013 at 11:11am   
Timberlane Inc.
Not a problem for the info, pepermintpatty! Our Endurian does have a bit of a shine, and there is a debate to whether or not it looks like "real wood." What we like to tell our customers is that it does not have the natural grain that the wood has, which is why most people tend to stick to their wooden style shutters. There is nothing that can replace the natural grain. However, Endurian shutters have a much longer life-span and are completely maintenance-free. The paint will not chip nor will there be any rotting involved.

If you decide to go with wooden shutters, you do not need "extra quality wood." At Timberlane, we offer 3 types of wood: Western Red Cedar, Honduras Mahogany, and Spanish Cedar. Each are different colors of wood and have different natural grains running through them. It all depends on your design preferences.

Since all of our shutters are custom made and hand-crafted we do not have any shutters pre-made or pre-painted. They are all built to order.

If you decide that you are interested in getting a sample of our wooden or endurian shutters in our "So White" color option we are able to send out a sample painted shutter block to you. That way you can see if it will blend in with the paint color.

In order for that to happen you can give us a call any time from 8:30am-5pm at 1-800-250-2221 and then press 2 for customer service.

Please note that we do not make interior shutters. Only exterior, but they can be used inside with the proper hardware.
July 22, 2013 at 11:24am   
pepermintpatty
Thanks you are great. I have 4 interior windows. Will your exterior shutters be same as interior shutters made for interiors?Maybe they are even better since made for outdoors????
July 22, 2013 at 11:52am     
Timberlane Inc.
Glad we could help! You can also visit our website to request a free catalog: http://www.timberlane.com/about_us/catalog-request/#.Ue2BDNKG3Ic - Don't forget to call :)
July 22, 2013 at 11:59am   
Recommendations for garden planning software/programs?
I like using Homestyler for inside the house, but am...
choosing a great sofa manufacturer with a good price point
Am searching for a good furniture manufacturer with...
Living Room question:
HI- I have really nice gray carpet and love it. I am...
Advice Needed! Smaller couch or 2 chairs?
I plan to replace the white couch because it is too...
Too much white/grey???
Am I making a mistake designing using too much grey...