meredithblake1
Is it a bad idea to have wood floors in your kitchen? We love the look but some are saying it's not practical because you spill water, if pipes break you have to replace your whole floor, having kids and pets makes it a bad choice, etc etc... Is there any consensus on this?
Keerthi Naidu
Another alternative to wood floors while still having the look is tiles that look like wood floor - that way you have the look with all the practicality of tile! What'd you select for your kitchen floor?
   April 23, 2013 at 1:20PM
debi921
I have had a wood floor in my kitchen for 20 years. It has survived the growing up of three kids and still looks beautiful!
   April 23, 2013 at 3:54PM
Brenda
I have wood floors on my entire main floor, including my kitchen. They are 30 years old and have been refinished one time ... in need of a second ...
   April 23, 2013 at 4:19PM
Same story as Brenda and debi, except our hardwood floors, including in the kitchen, are 90 years old (last refinished 20 years ago) and going strong.
   April 23, 2013 at 4:28PM
Dullea and Associates Inc.
This question has been asked a number of times on Houzz. There is no right or wrong answer. It really boils down to the look and feel you want. I have designed homes with hardwood floors in the kitchens for years and have yet to hear any negative feedback from clients. I have also known people who have had them in their kitchens for well over 30 years and they look great.

Hardwood is beautful, it holds up well and if taken care of it will last a lifetime.
   April 23, 2013 at 5:01PM
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Will a corner pantry work for this floor plan?
I am thinking of moving the pantry to the corner and...
Help me design my living room, please!!!!
Good Morning everyone Please help me feel in colors....
Help me with my dining room
Some experts here gave me very helpful inputs regarding...