Need help! Where should I put the bed in this room?
forestdr
I have a king size bed, having trouble where to locate it in this room, 1 window in each side, then in the other side one closet, and master bathroom, any ideas?
armygirl1987
Can you fit it in the spot between the two window where the ladder is from left to right.
0 Likes   May 19, 2013 at 7:31PM
Chrissy McCleery
Ok, I would place an understated iron piece like a sofa table under each window. Nothing bulky, very simple, maybe something from Hobby Lobby. Then I would angle bed between two tables.
1 Like   May 19, 2013 at 7:36PM
D. Rae Interiors
What is the bed like? From what perspective are we looking at the room, from the entrance ,closet, bathroom? Do you have a picture?
0 Likes   May 19, 2013 at 7:40PM
armygirl1987
Or you just have to put it under one of the window.
0 Likes   May 19, 2013 at 7:41PM
Genevieve
Install some blinds and drapes in the window where the 2 plugs are and place the bed on front of the window ,that seems to be the only wall that will work for you
0 Likes   May 19, 2013 at 7:48PM
armygirl1987
Which way looks awkward, have you tried using painters tape to the measurement of the bed and try different positions..
0 Likes   May 19, 2013 at 7:53PM
Genevieve
perhaps you wont have room for the night tables then ,Look at this picture for the window covering idea

2 Likes   May 19, 2013 at 7:54PM
forestdr
another view
0 Likes   May 19, 2013 at 7:55PM
Genevieve
on the right is that the closet ? Where does the door swing in or out?
0 Likes   May 19, 2013 at 7:59PM
armygirl1987
I agree with Gen looks like either you either have to angle the bed or put it under one of the window because there is not that much you can do with the shape of the room.
0 Likes   May 19, 2013 at 8:00PM
forestdr
the bedroom layout...
0 Likes   May 19, 2013 at 8:07PM
Genevieve
Ouch! that is sure not a good layout :( unless you have another room to fit your bed in ,you probably will have to get a smaller bed to fit n the room.
0 Likes   May 19, 2013 at 8:11PM
armygirl1987
I second that ouch, do you need a king size bed.
0 Likes   May 19, 2013 at 8:14PM
Shoman interiors LLC.
I would suggest you to block the window on the righthand side. There are two ways you can do this, 1) completely removing the window and leveling up to the existing wall (expensive thing to do), 2) Using a wall board block the whole area including the window to level up to the existing wall, which is easier solution. This way, you will be seeing the window outside, but not from inside. if you are choosing to do this one, keep the blinds closed on the window, before you block the window otherwise it would look odd from outside.

Under the second window, you can put the dresser if you have any.
0 Likes   May 19, 2013 at 8:34PM
Shoman interiors LLC.
Another suggestion is, you have a small closet at the entrance, you can remove that and put the headboard facing the window. That way, you don't have to close the window and loose the light.
1 Like   May 19, 2013 at 8:37PM
forestdr
thanks...we been thinking about closing the small closet....I dont want to close any windows, I considered those too small for my taste..love natural light....
1 Like   May 19, 2013 at 8:42PM
Sandy G. ltd.
You know, it is what it is and your choices are few in this room. I would not fight it or get too tricky. I think that Genevive is right on with her suggestion to drape the window with the bed in front of it. It is lovely and makes so much sense. Kudos to Gen!
1 Like   May 19, 2013 at 9:27PM
Barnhart Gallery
Hi forest -- Thinking a low headboard and ripplefold curtains -- not necessarily this bed, not this color as I see you've painted over it, and definitely not these lamps -- but perhaps this layout? You haven't mentioned the dimensions. (Cursor over to see all.)
1 Like   May 19, 2013 at 9:47PM
patjon
build a plain shelf under the window not quite at the level of your bed head and place your bed against this you could paint it the same colour as the walls You will also have room for night tables either side of the bed
0 Likes   May 19, 2013 at 9:56PM
Genevieve
Thanks Sandy:)
0 Likes   May 20, 2013 at 5:23AM
Kathleen Ramsey, Allied ASID
I was going to suggest exactly what Barnhart Gallery did. It will make a soft relaxing space. Good luck.
0 Likes   May 20, 2013 at 5:28AM
Barnhart Gallery
Oh, and I forgot to mention, for that foot or so of space behind the bed in the window alcove, so as not to waste it, I'd either measure for plastic underbed type storage tubs that you could store upended, or put hooks and laundry bags, for some out of season "stuff." Then run supports for a removable shelf as patjon suggests just under the sill. A gloss white or metallic finish on the shelf, even though you won't see it, will reflect light.
0 Likes   May 20, 2013 at 7:45AM
forestdr
Thanks
0 Likes   May 21, 2013 at 4:38AM
lbelmona
One simple solution for this is to treat the wall and the window as a whole. You can install white drapery covering the whole wall and leave an opening in front of the window. Place there bed in front of the window and then, to distract the eye away from the window, you can place two large nightstands with overstated shades. Ill try to post pictures.
Node if this approach is not doable, and if your bed is minimal, you can angle it between the two windows making it float away from the walls
0 Likes   May 21, 2013 at 8:00AM
lbelmona
Those pics don't really express my ideas, but they're close.
0 Likes   May 21, 2013 at 8:04AM
lbelmona
I posted some pictures of bedrooms and a visualization of your actual room but without the recessions in the walls, my app doesn't have this option. Anyway, it'll give you an idea if how it will look with the drapes and the bed in front of the window.
In the other wall recession, you can install a built in desk.
I posted other pictures of angled beds if you prefer this option.
0 Likes   May 21, 2013 at 10:48AM
lbelmona
Behind the bed, in the recession, you can put long sleek pants.
1 Like   May 21, 2013 at 10:49AM
Sandy G. ltd.
You mentioned that you like sunny rooms and would miss that if one of your windows was covered. But, if you drape the window behind the bed, could you enlarge the window that is remaining? I do not know what is going on outside on the house, like if the exterior would be hard to work with, but a big window would look wonderful in your room - even if the view is just so-so.

Where I live, it is a state law that all bedrooms must have an egress window so that, in case of a fire, a fireman can come in and rescue you & yours. If you are updating, you might need/want an inspector involved to keep things up to code. Or at least find out about this point.
0 Likes   May 21, 2013 at 3:09PM
Need help on the design of my family room, where should i put the TV?
We don't like how the TV is currently blocking the...
Andrea Koral
I need help deciding where to put my bed in a "T" shape studio
I have had be bed in the alcove in the "t" but I hate...
penelopepitstop12
Need help with what I should put on shelves and what to put in between
Not sure what to put in the shelves and what do in...
jennb5557
Where should I put this bed?
I do not know if I should place this twin bed like...
wnlatton
Where should I put my bed?
Hi everyone, I'm in a progress of buying this home...
Mỹ Hạnh Trần
Need to fit five kids in this room
Need to fit five kids in this room. Two 13yrs olds...
happycl8
Desk in bedroom?
I've heard that doing homework assignments in the bedroom...
carol_12345
Front door color?
I just added red/cranberry shutters to my house and...
jkwood6
Need help designing a beautiful deck for this majestic building!
We recently purchased an old building overlooking the...
halloj
Converting 3/4 bath to laundry/powder room. Vanity top suggestions?
Mudroom off our garage was linked to kitchen on one...
deborahjarman