Ceiling and cabinet height - this kitchen is BEAUTIFUL! Do you mind sharing the ceiling and cabinet height.
nks1026May 19, 2013
We have 10' high celings and are debating double stack cabinets or just tall with thick moulding - love the look of both!
House of L Interior Design
Hello and thank you so much for your lovely compliment. This kitchen has a 9' ceiling height. For a 10' space, I would recommend adding doors at the top in addition to bigger moldings to help keep your door size lower overall. This helps prevent warping down the road that can happen with larger doors. Good luck with your kitchen!
    Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 7:35PM
nks1026
Thank you for responding so quickly. Would you recommend 42" cabinets? Then a 12" on top, followed by molding? Any help in sizing would be greatly appreciated - so scared I'm going to make the wrong decision - I do LOVE the large molding...we are using many elements from your kitchen as an inspiration - sure wish you were in Dallas. :)
    Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 7:40PM
House of L Interior Design
That's so nice to know this has been a source of inspiration for your new kitchen! I would recommend doing 42" cabinets and smaller 16" cabinets on top; this allows for an 8" crown which is substantial and will look nice with the height of your kitchen without feeling overbearing. If you need any other design assistance don't hesitate to email me at libby@thehouseofL.net. Best!
1 Like    Bookmark   May 20, 2013 at 4:02AM
jeni1628
Beautiful kitchen! What size moulding would you recommend with an 8 foot ceiling if you want the moulding to look substantial. We were thinking about 4 1/2 inches. Thanks!
    Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 8:56PM
Barn Conversion Space
We are converting a historical mill barn into a residence....
cdec_65
Which rug?
Which blue rug should I keep for the family room? I'm...
eyereezy
need help....
yeah ! I need to place a TV in front of window..how...
Bhaskar Brendan
pictures won't load at all
Hi all - been using the Houzz app for quite some time...
pickeralk
Master Bath Flooring dilemma
I am having trouble deciding on a floor tile for my...
ccort