Landscape-shrub choise question
Coldwell Banker Burnet
May 21, 2013 in Other
I'm a compelete newbie in terms of gardening. I am trying to learn and do more and really would appreciate your suggestion. We live in a heavily wooded area in zone 4(St. Paul). I'm looking for a shrub kind to plant for a screen/hedge to hide my husband's work zone(wood cutting for firewood) for the a side yard. Because that is the first thing when you come in to the drive way.The soil is good there.
It needs to be shade tolerant, and low maintenance. Size 6-10 feet height and width. It would be nice if it is fast growning and flowering kind. Thanks in advance.
nasmijati
The County Extension Office of your state university will have a list of plants that are native to your region. (Check the white pages in the phone book or look online.) Native plants should need little to no additional water once they are established - usually the first growing season. Learn what shrubs/bushes are native to your particular region, and which do better in full sun or shade.

Go to your local plant nursery (not national chain). The horticulturalist on staff will be able to answer all of your questions.
0 Likes   May 21, 2013 at 6:38AM
Coldwell Banker Burnet
Thank you for the comment. I'm going to the nursery this weekend!
0 Likes   May 21, 2013 at 6:50PM
Meghann
Need help with white wall paint. Too stark...yes?
Folks: I am slowly decorating a big old shingle style...
John
Paint colour
Looking for suggestions on colours that go well beside...
kimba86
rredpenn