Window treatment ideas!
cmaugustinMay 22, 2013
Hello! I need some advice on how to cover this family room window. I want blinds to block out sun and heat, but do I get one large one that fits the whole window or one for each window pane? Also, cellular shades, roman shades, or something else? Thanks so much for your input!
PH Interiors, LLC
The only way one large blind or shade would work is to hang it outside the window so that it goes flat across the entire window. They aren't made to negotiate the curve. It's the easiest to operate but not the prettiest to look at. I did a window exactly like yours with 2 stationary drape panels on each end (floor length), and a sheer on a curved traverse rod (sill length). This was easy to operate as well. Your other option is cell or roman shades mounted inside each window, each operating independently.
    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 6:52AM
Country Curtains has some thermal cordless roman shades that might work for you. Item 486694 in ivory, linen or white.
    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 12:44PM
Whispar Design
Agree with Carolins. Individual coverings will help preserve the architecture of the window.
    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 12:46PM
Blinds.com
Blinds with a narrow depth like cellular shades and roman shades can easily be mounted in your window. We'd recommend cellular shades since you have such a great view. They stack smaller at the top of your window, unlike roman shades which will block several inches.

Feel free to get in touch with us at pr@blinds.com if you have any other questions. We have a free design consultation service (no pushy sales pitches!) via video chat if you're interested.
    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 2:31PM
Decor Team
I would recommened a curved Austrian blind. This will allow you to not loose room-space because of the curve and you can still enjoy the benefits of the ledge. Furthermore the Austrian blind will allow you to open and close the entire window with one mechanism which will be comfortable. It is a very impressive window treatment which will upscale your room no doubt.
    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 11:39PM
JMittman Designs
I would go for inside mount roman shades, cell shades etc. Keep the pretty wood work showing between the glass.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 2:04PM
Skyline Window Coverings & Design
We tell our clients to think about their windows and how they use them then we narrow down what options might work with the opening. For example. If you are more likely to leave the window treatments all up or all down using them like a light switch, then you would want to consider shades like mentioned above with a small headrail profile so the angle gapping is minimal. The other side of the coin is if you like to have your window treatments down often while being able to see through them then you will need a more functional product. Such as The Sheer Shadings mentioned above. In all honesty the only products that really work well in bays are Plantation Shutters because you can order them with a bay window kit or Honeycomb shades because the headrails are really small and the manufacturers make very small deductions off of the fabric leaving the smallest amount of gap between each window. I would not just do 1 shade. This will look cheap and not very attractive. Depending on what market you are in I would advise you to find a Hunter Douglas Gallery Dealer - They offer the deepest range of product and typically have the highest quality professionals that will come to your home and help you in person. - Good Luck - Hope this helps. Follow up questions let us know - Chrissy
    Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 2:16PM
Window Treatment Ideas for a 5 Panel Bow Window
I currently have a 9 ft 5 panel bow window located...
ditto1015
Window Treatment ideas??
Here is my newly built livingroom..any window treatment,...
Darla
Need window treatment ideas for DR and LR windows
I need color recommendations for window treatments...
ponyta
Need help with window treatment ideas & furniture arrangement please!
Would appreciate any input on ideas for window treatments...
reneestar255
Need window treatment ideas!
Just finished making these curtains (inside ones are...
kmtort
What is the wall color on TV show Revenge?
What is the blue/gray wall color on the tv show Revenge...
jill4feet
Counter top colour
I'm planning on new counter tops later in the spring,...
momtoalexsarah
Windowsill decoration
Does anyone know where I could find things to put on...
swishjen000
Help with dining room?
New construction this is a phot of our dining room,...
bailey510
Should the media console be on the rug?
HELP! We just bought a new rug, a 9*12, and I'm wondering...
Michelle Williams