Pergola Privacy Issue Need your ideas.
battziyon
I just had a Pergola built and had Travertine pavers put down for the flooring. My issue is my neighbor's house and would like some privacy on that side of the house. I thought about putting a slat privacy structure in the ground and decided against it for resale in the future. The pergola is about 11 ft in height, i even considered custom roller blinds, but they are very expensive. Just looking for out of the box ideas that are aesthetically pleasing. Vines and plants will not work don't want to deal with flying insects. Thanks in advance for you great ideas. Here is a photo of the area in question.
CDR Design
There are many vertically-shaped evergreens that you can plant along the fenceline. One is skyrocket juniper.
1 Like   May 22, 2013 at 6:17AM
battziyon
Great idea cdrdesign i would not have ever come up with this vertical evergreen idea. I would definitely consider it. Thanks for your feedback.
   May 22, 2013 at 6:38AM
CDR Design
There are many others.....skyrocket is just one.

]
   May 22, 2013 at 6:44AM
battziyon
Right after you suggested the evergreen i looked at the ideas on Houzz, the ones i had seen were beautiful and really enhanced the overall look of the landscape yet provided the much needed privacy.
   May 22, 2013 at 6:58AM
CDR Design
Yes, you want your yard open.....no blind on the pergola! I do not know what is appropriate for your climate zone. I would suggest going to a local nursery and telling them what height you need screened. Keep in mind that if fully grown, they will cost more. You can buy younger ones for less cost (so you will have to weigh the cost/height).
   May 22, 2013 at 7:16AM
colonialgp
Evergreens are definitely the way to go. If you want privacy now, consider some outdoor curtains for the time being.
1 Like   May 22, 2013 at 7:33AM
battziyon
cdrdesign: i was headed in the direction of blinds to make the area a bit more private and cosy. You stopped me dead in my tracks (smile). Will definitely reconsider . Thanks for the great feedback i appreciate it.
   May 22, 2013 at 10:09AM
alisonheppell
Bamboo
   May 22, 2013 at 10:17AM
battziyon
Another great idea! Will look into it. Thanks
   May 22, 2013 at 10:21AM
Painting Trim and Built-Ins
Hi there! I just bought a 100-year-old house and it...
HELPPP! Stained Furniture project gone wrong?!?
Hey Everyone! Any way to save this project? In...
Picture placement look okay?
Trying to decide which way to best display pictures....
Seeking rustic conversion
Hello. My wife and I are buying our next home. We...
What do I do with my living room?
Just bought new couches and the rug is fairly new....