Master bedroom help!
eragozzino
I am re-decorating my bedroom and the only things I want to keep are my Serena and Lily pondicherry bed (in white canvas with nickel nailheads and dark walnut legs) and my Z Gallerie turquoise duvet set. See links below for images. I am looking for a large buffet or console for under our wall mounted tv. I don't need a dresser because our closets have built-in shelves and drawers but I do want an eye-catching piece - as well as two night tables. Bedside chests could work too - I have some space to play with. My bedroom is carpeted in a neutral off-white color and my walls are neutral as well - Benjamin Moore Linen White. So I have a completely blank canvas and no idea what color furniture would look best. Mirrored? White, Oak or dark wood? Any suggestions on what pieces might work well would be much appreciated!

Mimosa Reversible Bedding - Aquamarine
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=serena+and+lily+pondicherry+bed&biw=1863&bih=947&tbm=isch&tbnid=So9caNNAHgHapM:&imgrefurl=Custom Upholstered Pondicherry Bed with Nailheads in Designer Fabrics://st.houzz.com/simgs/90917f830d7552fe_4-5419/traditional-beds.jpg&w=380&h=381&ei=3_acUZX0DNPe4AODt4DoCw&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:3,s:0,i:89&iact=rc&dur=158&page=1&tbnh=175&tbnw=174&start=0&ndsp=40&tx=52&ty=69
houssaon
I think white would be the best option. Oak seems too heavy to me. This is a lovely look for a side table:
. Love your headboard.
May 22, 2013 at 10:14am     
Emerson Brothers, LLC. Home Remodeling
I would introduce a mirrored console table or bedside table. I would also bring in a black or deep espresso table to prevent your bedroom from looking like a furniture showroom with everything matching. I would reintroduce the color o your bedding in a piece of art work or the room a well as some accents like a turquoise pillow on a chair to allow the eye to carry across the room.
May 22, 2013 at 4:53pm     
Sasha Retana
Lovely! I'd go mirrored and antiqued white. I'd also get a huge wall mirror maybe as an eye catching piece.... I
May 22, 2013 at 5:30pm     
Sasha Retana
Like this?
May 22, 2013 at 5:38pm   
eragozzino
Thank you all so much for your comments!! Each one was so helpful. I hope to make some purchases this weekend. Z Gallerie has a beautiful mirrored console I want to check out and this attached console caught me eye as well...
http://www.baers.com/Item.aspx?ItemID=-1359505908&ItemNum=543-852#.UZ-UtnDtQbA

Many many thanks again!
May 24, 2013 at 9:27am   
Sasha Retana
I was trying to find something like that, too, I really like it. That way you can put up a big mirror too and not be mirror overwhelmed. They also have little decorative mirrors that would parallel the pattern on your bedding. U can get them in fun colors, I bet!
May 24, 2013 at 2:27pm   
Nancy Walton
There are a number of mirrored side tables for sale on gilt.com right now. Most don't have drawers, but do you really need them?
May 24, 2013 at 2:32pm   
A see-through bath: too bold or just right?
I've seen this on other websites, but it's the first...
double layer drapes vs shade and drapes for sliding doors to deck
Hi! I am planning to do honeycomb shades in my sunroom....
Redecorating new rental
I am beginning to redecorate my new rental and don't...
How do I hide these ugly speakers?!
These speakers ruin the aesthetics of the room, how...
Small bathroom
Is it okay to have a patterned shower curtain in a...