Terri
Terri Smith
I have 2 walls adjacent to each other & wanted to mix yellow& teal...but now I think this this terrible...how can I fix this?
Heather Hughes
do you have any additional photos?
    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 7:27PM
Terri Smith
The walls are each about 10 ft long & there is a hallway in between
    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 7:37PM
Terri Smith
See
    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 7:38PM
pattikee
What were you hoping for? What is it that you don't like about the results? It's hard to offer suggestions without seeing what else you have going on in the space and what you're hoping to achieve.
    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 7:45PM
mcbriec
I love yellow, but that yellow is too much. Two different colors at this juncture of the hall just looks jarring. I would paint the yellow wall the same color as the blue wall and introduce yellow in pillows accents, etc to get the color combo you're looking for.
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 7:56PM
alleykat6093
Do you like either of these colors? If I had to choose one color to get rid of it would be the yellow. It's just too neon. If you painted a very pale yellow I think it would look better. I would paint the hallway also. Otherwise you have three areas that all need to coordinate. I would consider the hallway part of this space.
    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 7:58PM
joyful_lady
I think the only effective way to do something like this is for the shades to be similar. This is a bright, bright yellow and a pale teal.

The accessories are one option.

I think if you made the yellow a paler yellow (similar shade to teal) or the teal stronger (similar to strength of yellow) you'd be better off. Then you could add an element -- perhaps pillows that had both colors--or even paint a stripe or other accent shape on one wall incorporating the color on the other wall. Perhaps a zig zag line one one wall with the other color (but only after finding shades that work together).

To my eyes, these two shades do not work well together.

Another option would be to make it floral in some way (If you insist on these two shades) -- you could add some pale flowers/greenery to the yellow wall and some bright flowers to the pale wall. I am not sure if that would work but in my mind's eye it does - in a funky way. If I did that I would also add uplifting sayings to the wall.
    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 8:17PM
studio10001
Once you make a bold choice, you can't back down!! So, here's another option: Use both colors for fat horizontal stripes in the shared hallway.Carry the yellow across as the main accent on the blue side of the room, and viceversa, particularily in drapery treatment (of same style drapes). Secondary accent colors should be the same in both rooms. Wink at the split personality with artwork that has split images, as well.
    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 8:27PM
applecandi
Try a taupe or dark beige to tie in both colors and tone down the yellow.
    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 10:50PM
giniaginia
The whole nook could be white. Or, it seems like you're loving your colors so add another color. i'm not sure what style you're going for but that fireplace is really bad. And change the light fixture.
    Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 12:06AM
Terry office chair/brn/chrome $187
Is the brown color a dark brown/expression?
debchandler
Terry
Who makes the swing arm lamps?
tcdilday
Terri L
what are the dimensions of the door? make model?
lembrat
What the Top 25 most viewed discussion on Terry Love's revealed....
I crunched some number today to find out what the busiest...
John Whipple - By Any Design ltd.
Dimensions and price of Terris cocktail table
Was unable to link to the "Sarah Alford" store. Sent...
wmarich
what size pendant over 36" square kitchen table?
I have 3 I'm considering. #1 is 20 dia x 19"h #2 is...
youngstown
How to dress the Buffet?
Hello Houzzers! I need some pro help here. I just cannot...
meddr101
Any hope for 1960s Colonial with 2-story tall columns!?
We are under contract to purchase this 1960's colonial...
greystonerehabbers
Planning for disability
This is for senior citizens - or those who are still...
janbhan
Window treatment suggestions?
Hi Houzzers, should mention the eating area will be...
Melissa Felber