Need ideas on window treatment to brighten up living room.
gretamae1
I need to know or get ideas how to change up look. Not sure if I just want sheer panels up or tab top curtains due to knob style.
Studio M Interior Design
1 Like    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 7:52AM
JMittman Designs
First, I am not a tab top fan, so there's that. :) What you have is not working for you as it looks too limp, and "undressed" as we say in the biz. They also look a bit too pushed against the window--you need a little clearance there. I'd consider one rod all the way across--the panels suggested above would look fine. Whatever you get, try pulling the curtains into even folds all, or even part of the way down the panel. Doing this to each one will give your curtains a more consistent look and overall more pleasing appearance.
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 10:10AM
I agree with JMittman that the treatment is not right for the room. I don't like to see furniture pushed up against draperies as to me it seems like an insult to the draperies. In an office area with dark leather furniture, I'd prefer bamboo shades or just the wood blinds you already have with nothing over them.
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 10:41AM
OnePlan
Hi ! How much privacy do you need with these windows ?!? Ie is this looking out to a back garden or to the front or neighbours home etc etc ?!?! As this would alter what I would suggest !?!
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 11:37AM
apple_pie_order
Try taking the current curtains down. It'll be easier to see what would improve the room's looks. I think I'd prefer just the wood shades.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 12:27PM
Beth Bourque
I completely understand how blinds might be absolutely necessary, but these blinds do nothing for this room. They stick out like a sore thumb. If you have the option, change their color to that of the wall or the draperies. If not, buy some that DO blend in better. Roman shades could improve the look - as long as they're not white.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 12:47PM
thinkwhite
I agree with the other suggestions to just remove the curtains. Turn your blinds open a little less than half way. Try moving your furniture around.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 12:50PM
gretamae1
OnePlan, the windows is on the front of my house with my parents being my neighbors.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 1:57PM
handymam
I agree that a less floppy fabric should be used, tailored looking. I would like to see them hung from the ceiling molding down between the windows. I think this is an instance where top down shades might be nicer to look at when they are opened up too. I agree that the furniture needs to be pulled away from the windows as well.
    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 2:23PM
Can the furniture be rearranged so that draperies are not hidden behind a desk?
    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 2:54PM
OnePlan
thanks for neighbour info etc - in that case I would go for light weight white curtains that thread through the rod and meet at the top - held open each side if window with a coloured tie back with a roller blind that can be drawn for extra privacy if and when ever needed . very simple . classy and dress the windows without taking over the room ! dirt of an addition to the white trims in the room !
1 Like    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 10:58PM
OnePlan
sort - not dirt ! flipping auto correct !! lol
1 Like    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 10:59PM
Window treatment in the living room
Hello, I need your help with my dining area which is...
khader2020
Need to brighten up dark living room
Just bought a beach house with dark living room. I...
stevi
Ideas to brighten up the living room
We just moved and purchased a dark leather couch and...
kpieper8269
Please help me brighten up my dungeon kitchen!
Earlier this summer we purchased a 1907 Victorian....
Miranda Bouck
Need to brighten up
Not able to figure out how to brighten up this house....
arlang
need help with color for my living room
my living room has a floor of grey granite and walls...
Mohan Mathew
Window treatment suggestions
This room is open off of our kitchen. We use it as...
mimi0909
I would like to redecorate my bathroom.
It's nothing fancy but I have empty walls Lots of...
marthawidgen
Toilet Troubles - How do I deal with this poorly placed toilet?
Hi Houzz friends. One of the challenges about living...
Karen Somerville
price
price 11 elements modular stairs
Grzegorz Figura