Recommend your favorite SW blue gray turquoise color
Tiffany Carroll
Painter needs to know my color choice for powder room. Please recommend your favorite sherwin williams blue gray color - with a hint if turquoise if that makes any sense! Picking paint colors is so much harder than I ever thought!!!
roses4patti
Comfort Gray (SW 6205)
May 23, 2013 at 8:39am   
bluenan
Try SW Rainwashed, I used it in my powder room and love it!
May 23, 2013 at 8:41am   
bluenan
Rainwashed images...of course it can look lighter or darker depending on natural light, and can go bluer or greener, depending on light.
May 23, 2013 at 8:46am   
Tiffany Carroll
Rainwashed was actually one I was looking at. We saw it at our local Parade of Homes Tour and it was quite a bit lighter than I am wanting. I know this is way off of what I was looking at, but I picked up a sample of Drizzle when I was in SW the other day because it caught my eye. Anyone use this? I also looked at Moody Blue and Interesting Aqua...there is beadboard on the bottom that is already a creamy color so I have to kinda match that, so if it is too gray, it will clash. Also the granite is another thing I have to match it too....too many choices!!!!
May 23, 2013 at 9:58am   
bluenan
It sounds like with all of your additional factors, painted sample boards in your own space will be the only way you can determine if the color works or not, regardless if anyone else has liked a color in their home.
May 23, 2013 at 11:28am   
Tiffany Carroll
Yes, because there is no natural lighting in this bathroom at all...so I am assuming whatever color I go with is going to be darker with only artificial light...am I right in assuming that?
May 23, 2013 at 11:31am   
bluenan
Yes, my Rainwashed is in a powder room with no window and it appears darker than the two examples I posted. Powder rooms usually don't have very bright lighting either.
May 23, 2013 at 12:19pm   
bluenan
Here are some SW samples. Of course, monitors will differ, but you can see the different hues and what is nearest on the color cards and how they relate to each other. It might help...click to enlarge.
May 23, 2013 at 12:31pm   
Tiffany Carroll
I like the look of Drizzle on the swatch, but the sample I got was MUCH brighter - now I am leaning towards Moody Blue. They had that on a wall in the SW store and it caught my eye....ugh!!! I have the picture in my head, but I can't seem to find it!!! Frustrating!
May 23, 2013 at 12:38pm   
bluenan
Good luck!
May 23, 2013 at 12:42pm   
Rockin' Fine Finish
Did you look at tranquil aqua ?
May 23, 2013 at 2:15pm   
Tiffany Carroll
I didn't but that is right along with lines of what I am looking for....thanks! So now it is between tranquil aqua and moody blue...I have to let the painter know in the next day or two. YIKES! And crazy to think all of this started because we got a good deal on an appliance suite, the fridge was 3/4" too tall and so when the carpenter came and fixed that we decided instead of trying to match existing stain on the kitchen cabinets (which I wasn't crazy about at all!) - and that lead to painting the kitchen walls, dining room, living room foyer, powder room, new crown molding, new doors on the original wing of the house...all because of 3/4"!!! My husband now says that appliance deal wasn't so great after all. Oh well, we had plans to do it eventually - it just got bumped up for us! This house is my childhood home that we recently bought from our parents so we are now trying to make it ours. HOPEFULLY after all of this it will fill like ours and not like we are just housesitting my parent's home!
May 23, 2013 at 2:43pm     
Tap water or bottled water?
When you're thirsty, what do you grab - the tap and...
Living Room: Something is Missing...
Just moved from a 1BR apt to a 3 bedroom house. I am...
whitewashed beams?
Anyone familiar with the method used to finish these...
Need help to finish my guest room.
I fell in love with this comforter and have decorated...
Need suggestion
What do you guys think of this set for my baby boys...