Satin versus Polished Finishes - What do you like?
ledeegan
Hi there! I'm in the planning stage of a reno and want to know what you think about fixture finishes. What are you favorites? What do you dislike? What do the different finishes SAY? Weigh in!
Judy M
I have satin chrome hardware in kitchen and polished chrome in bathroom. I like both.
May 23, 2013 at 9:54AM   
Judy M
Is that light the Quoizel downtown light? Love that light, wanted to use it in my bathroom but it didn't work with my medicine cabinet.
May 23, 2013 at 9:56AM   
ledeegan
Hi Judy, it's the Gramercy fixture from Kiran and Co., and is only $96 on JossandMain.com today. https://www.jossandmain.com/Kiran-%26-Co.~E4909.html?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&utm_campaign=

Thank you for the satin v. polished input!
May 23, 2013 at 10:02AM   
darlenerunner
Like chrome:)
May 23, 2013 at 10:06AM   
Judy M
Good deal on the light!
May 23, 2013 at 10:06AM   
studio10001
Satin, hands down. Chrome, though it can be nice, is a reflective magnet for all manner of airborne undesirables.I prefer the subtlety of satin, as well as the impression of greater weight it gives.
May 23, 2013 at 10:13AM   
0825sam
Personal preference is polished fixtures in a bathroom.
May 23, 2013 at 10:19AM     
PH Interiors, LLC
Me too Sam0705!! I am tired of the brushed finishes. Love nickel as first choice when budget allows.
May 23, 2013 at 10:29AM   
Home Image Interiors
Polished definitely
May 28, 2013 at 10:47AM   
dianahb
I have brushed nickel, but did put in 4 wall lights, each with a small round polished chrome back. I loved the lights so much, I didn't care that they had the chrome backing-- and I really like the look and don't mind the mix of metal finishes at all. I love the look of polished chrome, but would probably not like it everywhere-- could end up being a little on the blingy side. Brushed nickel seems to maintain a timelessness.
May 28, 2013 at 10:55AM   
Mark
I agree with PH Interiors, I love nickel. I find that nickel looks more like sterling silver .When polished chrome and polished nickel are put side by side the polished Chrome will appear to have a slight blue hue to it which I don't like.
May 28, 2013 at 11:09AM   
Need help with master bedroom
I really like my blue walls. I would like to change...
Bachelor's First Condo HELP!!
Mid 20s young professional who just recently purchased...
Easily cleanable tiny narrow dark corridor
Hi any ideas on colours to lighten up this very narrow...
Icky Decor; Cool Room
Hi from Louisiana! We moved into a much bigger house...