Hardwood floor
farzanehr
Considering that the walls are and beams are all wood (I don't want to get rid of those), what color hardwood or other type floor do you suggest?
Home Matters LLC
Apply a wood floor and stain it in the same hue as the walls, create an " envelope "
You could try an oak floor
May 23, 2013 at 10:20PM   
KShoa
Some type of light colored stone would look better than wood in there, but not too easy on the feet.
May 23, 2013 at 11:21PM   
You can do a paver floor over concrete if you are at grade. A concrete floor isn't a bad idea - remove every staple and nail strip, scrape what you have, fill the cracks, sawcut some joints and stain the concrete itself. Both of these options tend to cool the matrix of the house way down so if you are high desert they are good options. You can add back a thick plush wool rug. I've seen some awesome cork floors - they would absolutely provide the warmth and richness of wood with the modernity of a renewable,
May 23, 2013 at 11:24PM   
suzanne_m
Here's one inspiration from Houzz. It is porcelaine tiles fabricated to resemble limestone. I would install it in diagonal just like in the picture.
http://www.houzz.com/discussions/369457
May 24, 2013 at 12:06AM   
Ed
Solid hardwood light maple.
May 24, 2013 at 2:14AM   
Brenda
Very iteresting house -- lots of architectural interest. I would put a large sized polished white stone tile on the floor -- with all that wood, you really could use something to bounce some light around the room (I have a similar challenge in my personal home)
May 24, 2013 at 4:01AM     
May 24, 2013 at 5:02AM     
farzanehr
The house is in Oregon, I would imagin stone would be cold for that type of weather?
May 24, 2013 at 7:12AM   
NK Woodworking
I'm with Ed on the maple, or cork can be real nice.
May 24, 2013 at 12:11PM   
suzanne_m
Ed, I also think cork would be nice and I was trying to find one but I didn't find any with the right color in it. If yoy find one, I will be pleased to pohotoshop it.

olldbobbi, I was also looking at a fllor similar to what you suggestted (the one at the right) but found it was too pink. I 'll show you so faranehr can see also.

FLOOR 2 and FLOOR 3 (oldbobbi):
May 24, 2013 at 12:37PM   
DirectBuy of Fort Worth
This is a porcelain tile from Arizona Tile called Metalwoods Iridio. It would nice in there.
May 24, 2013 at 12:46PM     
May 24, 2013 at 12:46PM     
eelyram7
Trying to match the floor to the walls would be a huge mistake. Not only is that WAY too much of the same material, but it will be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to match. Anything that is close but not exact will just look like an error. The solution is to go either very light or very dark to create some contrast. A dark wood floor with no knots and a very straight and even grain pattern would look good, just be sure to use a high-gloss finish to bounce some light around. If you can afford it, a light stone tile with a radiant heat system would be good too. With any option, the right large area rug can lighten it up while creating warmth.
May 24, 2013 at 12:48PM     
farzanehr
I have no experience with tile or stone - I worry that it will be too cold (or expensive with radiant heat system - also what would I do then with 2nd floor? I don't want carpet, was thinking to continue with the same type of flooring, ex: hardwood floors through out). I think it does need to have contrast but not too dark; something in shade of "gray". I like the picks where you have somehow modified my picture and added your suggestions; those are great. Thank you.
May 24, 2013 at 12:52PM   
suzanne_m
FLOOR 4 (directbuy of fort worth, metalwoods iridio):
May 24, 2013 at 1:05PM   
Hardwood Floors vs Engineered Hardwood Floors
In terms of scratches and dents, which type of floor...
Love the hardwood floor. What color and type of hardwood floor is this?
Love the hardwood floor. What color and type of hardwood...
Is lighter 5" hardwood floor or darker hardwood floors. Which is best
My daughter chastised me for choosing to stay with...
Dark Hardwood Floors vs. Light Hardwood Floors?
We are refinishing the floors in our house. They are...
Kitchen Backsplash - What type of tile do we use?
We have recently remodeled our kitchen with fabulous...
Where's chookchook?
Our beloved chookie hasn't been heard from in days....
New wall color needed
This guest bathroom was renovated 3 years ago and I...
outdoor bench
i am looking for a great outdoor bench L-shape design....
color ideas for front door?
White house, dove gray shutters, estate gray roof....