Design solutions for a small odd shaped bedroom
mimimaz
I have a very awkwardly shaped bedroom which is also on the smaller side. As can be seen in the picture, we have a queen sized bed with storage which has taken over the room. I'd like to keep the bed but add in a dresser and side tables ( possibly even some clothes storage) to make it more functional. Right now we're using our second bedroom as our make shift walk in closet. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can make this room more of a retreat without overcrowding it? Also, I gravitate towards an eclectic style of decorating so I'd love to hear a fresh take in that direction.
Maison Pompeii Antiques and Interiors
Wow lots of windows. That is good and I love the bay window in the room. Floor looks beautiful as well.
Is there a solid wall that the bed can go on, like on the wall to the left of the picture? Also I would staple backout to the window with the roman shade and then place a highboy, armoire or large peice of furniture in front that would cover the whole window and no one from the inside will know. You do put a roller blind inside the window pulled down so no one from the outside will know either. This will give you storage and make the room more functional. I would then place a desk in the bay for a great place to sit and write or a comfortable chair with table and lamps to read. Please post pictures of all sides of the room as that would be helpful with suggestions.
May 24, 2013 at 3:22AM   
agreed, more angles of the room would allow us to visualize the space better.
May 24, 2013 at 5:05AM   
Help bedroom design-odd shape
I posted 3 pictures of the room. I have 4 rooms, all...
Need help designing a small awkwardly shaped 1bedroom apartment
The floorplan is attached. The main challenges are...
Small odd shaped room large sectional
We have a small weird family room and I had our mounted...
new kitchen update
We recently embarked on updating our kitchen. We had...
How to decorate 20 ft high main wall over sofa?
Struggling over what to do with this huge space in...
Painting my kitchen cabinets, dark or light?
We're preparing to sell and in the process will be...
Elizabeth 72-in Bath Vanity (Carrara/White)
Our contractor installed the faucet incorrectly. He...