Design solutions for a small odd shaped bedroom
mimimaz
May 24, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have a very awkwardly shaped bedroom which is also on the smaller side. As can be seen in the picture, we have a queen sized bed with storage which has taken over the room. I'd like to keep the bed but add in a dresser and side tables ( possibly even some clothes storage) to make it more functional. Right now we're using our second bedroom as our make shift walk in closet. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can make this room more of a retreat without overcrowding it? Also, I gravitate towards an eclectic style of decorating so I'd love to hear a fresh take in that direction.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Maison Pompeii Antiques and Interiors
Wow lots of windows. That is good and I love the bay window in the room. Floor looks beautiful as well.
Is there a solid wall that the bed can go on, like on the wall to the left of the picture? Also I would staple backout to the window with the roman shade and then place a highboy, armoire or large peice of furniture in front that would cover the whole window and no one from the inside will know. You do put a roller blind inside the window pulled down so no one from the outside will know either. This will give you storage and make the room more functional. I would then place a desk in the bay for a great place to sit and write or a comfortable chair with table and lamps to read. Please post pictures of all sides of the room as that would be helpful with suggestions.
May 24, 2013 at 3:22AM   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Dytecture
agreed, more angles of the room would allow us to visualize the space better.
May 24, 2013 at 5:05AM