Time to buy a new mattress.
cognac444
Looking for a really comfortable bed.
curlycook
I hate to suggest a 100% natural latex mattress because you will never want to sleep away from home! Ours has a 20 year warranty and both of us love it.
May 25, 2013 at 10:22AM     
Kevin Retired Decorator
Simmons Beauty Rest with individual pocketed coils 800 count for a queen size is a very nice bed for the money. Sterns & Foster is one of the top of the line bedding. 2-3 times more expensive. I would look for the longest warranty and the highest coil count to get the best bed for your budget. Those two things will help you compare bedding from one company to the next. You mentioned a mattress but you need to buy a set with a foundation and mattress or the warranty will be voided. The sets are designed to go together and work together to provide the best comfort and lasting good value. Good bedding is a good investment to make for your proper spinal health and good sleep. Try to buy the best you can afford. A lot of the new gel top mattresses you can't use a electric blanket. Also very few mattress can be flipped over and are designed to be used on one side only. In the past couple of years they are making reversible mattress again but that does increase the cost. Bedding normally last as long as a warranty. I would go with a minimal of 10 years for a adult.
May 25, 2013 at 10:25AM     
cognac444
Thank you for your good information. I would prefer a reversible mattress. I didn't know they were available again.
May 25, 2013 at 10:43AM     
Kevin Retired Decorator
They are available and don't let some sale person tell you they are not. Also new bedding is much higher than in the past and you can even get a low profile foundation and no extra cost. I just went mattress shopping with a friend this past week to many stores so luckily I have recent info. lol My friend decided to get the non reversible because it is hard for her to do, she bought a king size from Slumber Land and they had the best prices for the Simmons Beauty Rest. It was $899.this weekend for a king but queens are a few hundred less. I hope you find what you like. And enjoy a good nite's sleep !
May 25, 2013 at 10:56AM     
studio10001
Good weekend to be shopping for one - Good luck!
May 25, 2013 at 11:08AM   
Ed
Kevin, Thanks.
May 25, 2013 at 12:53PM     
onthefence
Thanks from me too Kevin! We've got a non-reversible and haven't been happy with it at all. We got a Sterns and Forster and had high expectations. The mattress firmness has held up well but the pillow top developed 'dents' much sooner than I think it should have. I really didn't want a pillow top but at the time we purchased it was pretty much the only thing available.

I'm thrilled to hear that reversibles are available again!
May 25, 2013 at 1:02PM   
Kevin Retired Decorator
@onthefence It may be under warranty still Sterns & Foster have the best warranty in the business just about. They normally are prorated but check it out.
May 25, 2013 at 1:11PM   
onthefence
Thanks Kevin. I did check it a while back and the way the warranty is worded it doesn't seem like our issue would be covered. I may pursue this though before we get a new mattress.

The current one is still a good mattress -- but I have to take a broomstick or something and whack the dents out of the pillowtop from time to time. I'm a regular floor show I tell ya!
May 25, 2013 at 1:23PM   
Kevin Retired Decorator
lol beat that bed
May 25, 2013 at 1:30PM   
mveasey
We have a Sterns and Foster, only over a year old and are very unhappy with it. Save your money and go for a Sealy or something more common. Watch for sales, best ones I hear are around Christmas/New Years here in Canada. Best of luck.
May 25, 2013 at 3:42PM     
Margaret Phillips
Reading consumer reviews on Sterns and Foster Mattresses online there are pages and pages of irate people angry about their mattress. Poor service, mattresses developing large permanent body indentations, and this was on their higher end models. I did the research for a mattress just over a year ago. Never believe one word a mattress sales person tells you, ask around and dig for consumer complaints etc. I ended buying a latex mattress myself.
May 26, 2013 at 3:13AM     
Judy M
I thought Sealy bought out Sterns and Foster, if that is true, that is probably why quality is going down hill.

Most frustrating thing to buy is a mattress they all seem to be junk.
May 26, 2013 at 4:28AM     
Tips On Buying A New Mattress
Everyone needs a bed, but when the time comes, everyone...
When is it time to buy a new refrigerator?
Does it make sense to spend about $400 on replacing...
Loving our new kitchen - now it's time to buy window coverings
After months of scouring Houzz for inspiration and...
Whats the lead time and do you provide mattresses as well?
I need to know how long it will take to get to Adelaide,...
Need inspiration for a cool attic room!
The room is a long attic room above our master bedroom....
Kitchen back splash area not level
Just installed new cabinets and granite counter top...
Need help with the shape and placement of my coffee table
Hi All. I am in extreme need of help! :( Hubby and...
Help picking shade of gray to incorporate retro green sofa.
I need help picking the right shade of gray to go with...
Help! New house, crazy floors
Ok so we just moved in to our new country home and...