Man cave dance club flooring?
shaylanndia
I'm in the process of making over my husbands garage man cave, and need a little help deciding what to do with the flooring.
The question is, to paint or not to paint? I'm leaning on TO PAINT! But what color? And is painting cement trickier than painting walls? Tips, ideas, opinions, and suggestions are all appreciated.
The pictures aren't a whole lot of help. I'll post after pics to compare.
Yes there's a stage.
Yes we still plan to park a car in here on weekdays.
Yes it will be a functioning dance club.
We'll host a houzz party when we complete it!
Thanks friends,
Shay
Kevin Retired Decorator
This sounds like a fun project ! There is concrete stain that I highly recommend it won't peel or pop as it ages for the floors. I could see painting out the ceiling black to give a nite club feel I think I would go color blocks on the walls doing all walls in different colors then adding graphic black 1-3 inch stripes and lines vertically and horizontally. Maybe do a accent wall like the inside of the garage door when down as a graffiti wall. You could even have friends join in giving them a space to do something expressive. I could see using purple, black, neon lime, orange what ever fu colors you like. Just have fun with it and think PARTY club lol
May 25, 2013 at 11:20AM   
kaylers
Marbalize it
May 25, 2013 at 11:22AM   
shaylanndia
Thanks guys! Kevin, what product do you recommend? Do you have links, or pictures of what your describing? It sounds cool, I just need a better idea in my mind. Excited, and hoping for something I can do myself!
May 25, 2013 at 12:11PM   
Kevin Retired Decorator
The concrete stain can be found at Home depot. I will try to find some pics for you to
May 25, 2013 at 12:16PM   
Kevin Retired Decorator
http://www.styleathome.com/how-to/painting/colour-blocking-a-cool-trend-in-painting-walls/a/2495 here's a link showing how to color block and a photo of one example. Basically your using a roller in different sizes and a lot of blue painter tape to create your own designs.
May 25, 2013 at 12:19PM   
Kevin Retired Decorator
I hope this helps, You can also google Color Blocking for walls and get more ideas It's a look retro from the 70s early 80s done more in clothing fashion and now it's made a come back for walls.
May 25, 2013 at 12:23PM   
Kevin Retired Decorator
Other popular colors that would be a club vibe Teal, Aqua, orange, Lime, deep Purple. And of course played off with a lot of black for the club feel. I could see doing the ceiling and floor black.
May 25, 2013 at 12:25PM   
Kevin Retired Decorator
Another technique instead of a graffiti wall or in combination with it. Is you take the cardboard tubes off of dry cleaner hangers used for pants and dip the tube into the paint hold your finger over it till your ready and sling the paint at the wall , floor or what ever you want.. Try it on some cardboard or something 1st to get a feel for it and test it out but it can be cool on floors looking like paint splashed sort of look.
May 25, 2013 at 12:31PM   
Kevin Retired Decorator
Another fun idea is use tube led light ropes spiraling out of control on the ceiling or walls . Look for LED light ropes. They sell in 25 foot long cords aprox or more or less. check 1000bulbs.com
May 25, 2013 at 12:35PM   
Love the man cave -What flooring did you use,?
Please tell me the color and kind if you do not mind....
Man cave floor paint options.
Can I use wall paint on my bare concrete man cave floor?...
Garage Man Cave or Attic Man Cave
Hello everyone! This is my first post, and my first...
Help me turn this room from cave-man to man-cave
Looking to update an odd 'L' shaped office room/play...
Uneven double dormer
We just built a double dormer but didn't realized they...
Advice on hiring an architect/designer by the hour
I am having trouble hiring an architect/designer. ...
Seeking barn door hardware in canada (Vancouver)...
Does anyone know of a supplier offering barn door hardware...
How do I make building a second home affordable?
Need help cutting costs before starting to build a...