Let's Talk...DIY- Yes you can do it yourself! But do you really want to??
Lauren Kramer - Designer
May 25, 2013 in Other
Hello, hello! Okay, so to be cost-efficient and feel super accomplished on our days off, sometimes D.I.Y., or "do it yourself" projects can be fun, or at least physically interactive, but is it worth the time, effort, and self-education?

The first pic was one I found of the ol' Facebook and is more unbelievable than anything and the second is of my beloved apt and a simple shelf that I cut, spray painted and hung myself (of course it required a few trips to the hardware store, a drill and spray paint purchase, a well-ventilated area, and a few hours of mess and frustration, but Voilà!- it does the trick).

Please share your “diy” stories & photos of your proud and maybe not so proud projects if you please. Thanks!
Robin W
Six months if transforming this wall... and my dad gave me a B+... coming from a finishing carpenter, that was a compliment. Lol. (Floors in dining room have been done, the entry is on the to do list)
May 25, 2013 at 2:28PM     
Lauren Kramer - Designer
This is really neat! It opens the room a little and offers storage! Bravo, Robin W!
May 25, 2013 at 2:35PM   
armygirl1987
That looks good Robin, but I hate it doing that kind of stuff, so far the gardening is more than enough for me. Going to see if I can tackle the night stand in the bedroom but so far my weekends has ben busy. But we will see.
May 25, 2013 at 2:38PM   
Lauren Kramer - Designer
The walls also mirror the dining chairs I just noticed, which is a great compliment to the room! Your dad must be good at what he does, because he's a tough critic! :)
May 25, 2013 at 2:41PM     
I'm the opposite of Angela! I'll do any DIY project indoors, but I hate bugs so nothing outdoors. This is my recently completed bathroom. Except for the lighting and plumbing, I did everything myself and the entire remodel cost much less than $200. Oh, and the walls are white, not yellow!
May 26, 2013 at 4:07AM     
Lauren Kramer - Designer
I applaud you all! Inside or outside, if you're putting in that much work on your own you deserve a beautiful home/landscape!
May 26, 2013 at 8:50AM     
armygirl1987
Bobbi-Better pictures and I still love it. Half the time I forget to use gloves and mess up my well done nails. I love feeling the dirt. But ask me to sand,, paint or indoor. nooooo
May 26, 2013 at 9:21AM     
How to hang artwork???
We have two matching pieces of art but would appreciate...
Advice on lamps and what is appropriate.
My bungalow is open concept and I am never sure of...
Yay or Nay?
Please weigh in as to whether I need something taller...
lighting for huge two story greatroom?
We are about to build a home with a huge two story...
Nook help needed!!!!
I had originally thought of doing one big window box...