I need a little help finishing off this room..
Frank Krupp
I have my new couch, and my Isabella mirror on the wall. The lighting quality doesn't work that well in this room.
carolins
Couch and mirror are nice. I'm not too keen on the red and yellow pillows though. Would you like some specific advice on something? Like ideas for additional lamps?
It will help us if we could see more of your room, so if you want to do a comment under here and attach images of all sides of the room, so we can get an idea of the space....
May 26, 2013 at 8:35AM   
Frank Krupp
this is the great room area off to the right side. I'm going to sell this glass table, and have this nice wood table.. It's smaller and fits the style of the room better..
May 26, 2013 at 8:44AM     
Frank Krupp
I'm thinking this light over my table.
May 26, 2013 at 8:45AM     
Frank Krupp
Here are some other angles of the space,, and a picture of my den that is attached off the main great/living room. this den really need help. the whole space needs to flow together, and the den is this dark gray.
May 26, 2013 at 8:55AM   
Frank Krupp
Pictures.
May 26, 2013 at 8:59AM   
www.newjerseyaccents.com
I have these pillow covers for sale at my Etsy shop, that would go well, with your present colors, plus some! https://www.etsy.com/listing/104321457/ethnic-print-pillow-coverabstract-throw?
May 26, 2013 at 9:04AM     
sharon1
Love the drum hanging lamp and the new dining table choice.The darker sofa and area rug making the space 'heavy'. Maybe just a light colored throw across the sofa arm. But yes, the lighting is the main problem there. Not getting the den images.
I'm with carolins on the toss pillows, not my favorite colors together.
May 26, 2013 at 9:07AM     
Frank Krupp
Those are wild,, cool. what other colors do you have..
May 26, 2013 at 9:09AM   
Stanton Designs-online design services
That is a great mirror and a nice contrast against that color sectional. I feel it gets lost on the neutral wall behind. Think about having an accent color for that wall.
May 26, 2013 at 9:22AM     
First, your mirror is hung too high. It should visually "attach" to the sofa at a 5" above the back of it. You get the idea it is too high when the window frames are below it. You can improve those by hanging drapes floor to ceiling as you've done in the office space. A pair of similar but not identical area rugs - one for living and one for dining could help unify the space and add a color punch, possible the teal in your dining chair upholstery if you're keeping them. I might prefer a light that echos your mirror to "cross-pollinate" your dramatic items in the other part of your space
"Leanne" Ikat Rug
Fergie Turquoise Ikat Rug
Three-Light Large Chrome Pendant
May 26, 2013 at 9:22AM     
leelee
I know carolins is waiting for this....so here goes....lower your mirror over the sofa so that there's 5 - 6" of wall showing between sofa and mirror.

The space at the end of your sectional needs a table with a lamp. Floor lamp can find a new home.

The rug seems to be drabbing out your room along with the heavy ottoman. Think about a lighter coffee table and ligher rug.
May 26, 2013 at 9:29AM     
Genevieve
i love the mirror :)
perhaps you could get a floor lamp that is a little more modern and by looking at the set up of the sofa and TV it looks like its a bit hard on the neck on the way that the TV is placed ,have you tried to place the TV on an angle ? I will take a look and see what I can come up with .
Overarching Floor Lamp

Spice Warehouse Tribeca Loft Kitchen view

Criss Cross End Table http://www.allposters.ca/-sp/The-Kiss-posters_i2646665_.htm

Happy Chic by Jonathan Adler Chevron Throw with Fringe
May 26, 2013 at 9:34AM     
carolins
@ leelee: yep! Big smile :-)
May 26, 2013 at 9:38AM     
carolins
I like your new table choice and drum pendant. But I do love deco's idea of mimicking the mirror in the lampshade over the dining table. That would be really great.
And yes, deco and leelee pointed it out already. The mirror is a bit too high up on the wall.
May 26, 2013 at 9:43AM   
Turn sectional to float in room facing TV. Put sofa table in kitchen behind sofa. Fill with Candles, plants, a Tall big lamp. with gray shade, and teal or red base. run cord under sofa. Keep other chair where it is, add floor lamp to it.Get 8 x10 area rug. In a contemporary design. With bold colors. Use black, gray, some teal, red. Run long ways towards TV. Find a much larger 6x7 art. Put where mirror is, hang 6" above any furn.
May 26, 2013 at 9:51AM   
Push sofa back towards dining. After turning it. Looks like all furn on one end. You have the room use it. Not crazy for ottoman. Recover, easy to do. Zebra would be fun. Add large silk palm in ceramic pot to other side of TV. I like new wood table and hanging light. Can mirror go in dining rm? Don't hang too high.
May 26, 2013 at 9:56AM     
Floor lamp by chair should be tall and modern brush nickel is nice. Ck Ikea.
May 26, 2013 at 9:57AM   
Mix up pillows with teal, gray in print.
May 26, 2013 at 10:00AM   
Mirror could go on wall by window in dining. Like yr centerpiece.
May 26, 2013 at 10:01AM   
dsimber
I like the new table you are considering, but wonder if round is the best choice for your chair style. As for an area rug, I would look at the long shag flotaki rugs to go with your great sofa! Love that new light fixture you found!!
May 26, 2013 at 10:14AM     
leelee
If you turn your sofa won't it almost block the entrance to your room?

Yes, love the new dining table and chairs.
May 26, 2013 at 10:21AM   
Frank Krupp
Here is the new table, Thanks Yoga22
May 27, 2013 at 9:43PM     
carolins
I like the drum shade, top right for above your new table.
May 28, 2013 at 9:04AM   
, so hard to decorate, when not in room. I think I would like the sofa turned. Sometimes you just have to move things around to see what works. Seems like all furn bunched on one side.
May 28, 2013 at 9:12AM   
Frank Krupp
What do you think of this...
June 8, 2013 at 11:11AM     
It's a Beautiful World!
Frank, I like your mirror but it looks a bit too big for the space. I do think that one of the images I suggested before can look great there. Here it is again. It is geometric and its colors and patterns would work well with your floor, furniture and wall color. You can order either acrylic or metal print for more modern look, or canvas for more traditional look and you can order it in any size to fit the space perfectly... Raisa
June 10, 2013 at 1:03AM   
My Decor
Frank,the table and new light look great!however the mirror seems to be crowding the wall.I'm thinking a painting would work well in that space and the mirror back to the living area.
For the living area lamp consider Genevieve's overarching floor lamp,a lighter rug and throws with designs and patterns instead of a solid colour.
June 10, 2013 at 1:47AM   
leelee
Too many rectangles on that wall,,,cabinets, windows, more windows....mirror doesn't work here. I thought it looked fine over the sofa but needed to be lowered, as mentioned.

Try it lower over sofa and show pic, please?
June 10, 2013 at 5:51AM   
Frank Krupp
Here is what I did with the living room
July 3, 2013 at 9:30PM   
poonehsh
Hi Frank, I think it would be better if you change that red blue picture on the wall and hang some photo of yours and family with different sizes.. and I also think if you use more happy colors for the pillow like yellow , green and lighter blue it would be better.. this is my idea if you mind..
July 3, 2013 at 9:58PM   
Nancy Walton
I agree with those who say the mirror is too large for the dining area, it should go back over the couch and lower, as suggested before.

Is that a painting that you absolutely love? Or just put there because you have nothing else? If you love it, then find another place to use it, but it would also be too big for the dining room.

I didn't find the original rug and ottoman objectionable, if you want to stick with the blue, it really should be larger, or turned 90 degrees, so it fills the negative space created by the sofa. I do like the new coffee table, but the ottoman was interesting, too. Do you find yourself pulling a pillow off the sofa to put under your feet when you put them up on the table? LOL.

Why is it most men are afraid of patterns? (chuckle)

Oh, and I almost forgot--you really need two curtain panels on the window of your den/office. With fullnes, the light will be more controlled, and you can separate them when you open them.
July 3, 2013 at 10:01PM   
poonehsh
the best thing you did is changing the mirror plac and also changing your table, i liked it,,,
July 3, 2013 at 10:02PM   
Frank Krupp
My new look for the living room. I changed out my orange painting with the Moon, and added a white shag rug, and white pillow.
October 6, 2013 at 7:20PM     
carolins
Nice!
October 7, 2013 at 12:44AM      Thanked by Frank Krupp
Angelina Vick
That looks way better. =) Fun style!

Others may think it's crowded but I like that mirror in the dining area.
October 7, 2013 at 1:15AM      Thanked by Frank Krupp
Sustainable Dwellings
Everything looks great now. You didn't ask, but I am suggesting a couple of pendant lights over your kitchen island...since lighting seems to be an issue.
October 7, 2013 at 1:22AM        Thanked by Frank Krupp
Frank Krupp
Thanks everyone.
October 7, 2013 at 11:40AM   
yoga22
Still can't believe you painted the moon! Fabulous!!
October 7, 2013 at 5:36PM      Thanked by Frank Krupp
yoga22
Thermostat is a distraction... Perhaps you could move it. Find 3 cool Pendant lights for island.
October 7, 2013 at 5:38PM      Thanked by Frank Krupp
Need a little help finishing my living room
I have been slowly updating our living room and could...
need help finishing off guest room please
Hi, spare room very small and I don't like a lot of...
Need help finishing off the room.
Just bought a new house and have painted the family...
Need help to finish off my sitting room
Our playroom has been transformed into a sitting room...
Need help finishing off my dining room
I'm not sure what to put on the empty walls, what type...
Need help with turning my living room into a kids cooking classroom
Hello, I'm planning to host some kids cooking classes...
Difficult living room layout
I have a long and narrow living room with way too many...
Need to add more to this living room!!!!! Please I need feedback
Please, I have posted before, but not to many responses....
Re-do Seat Cushion
I just bought this chair on Craigslist. I love the...
Paint color
Bowling ally style kitchen, dining and living room....