Final pieces to tie the living room all together?
sheltieloves
Need help with ideas for some pieces to tie the room together. The couch, artwork, chairs, and pillows are new. Rug in dining room is new and dining room table is an old piece (must stay due to sentimental reasons).

1) rug - what shape and color?
2) coffee table(s) - a set up that could be multipurpose as foot stools for the chairs and coffee table. What shape would be best for this set up?
3) end tables to replace the round table between the chairs.
4) lighting improvements
5) To paint colored walls or leave as is?
6) What other details would finish this small room?

The living room is shared with the formal dining room. Will need new chandeliers throughout :(
Robin Lechner Designs
Add an art light over the painting in addition to your other additions of floor and/or table lamps (one on the table between the chairs and floor lamps flanking the sofa). The photos are a bit too dark to get a good idea of the room's color scheme, but whatever rug you select, make certain the front feet of all the furnishings rest on the carpet. Otherwise, the room will visually shrink in size. Looks like you'll also need a cocktail table in front of the sofa. I'd also like to see simple floor to ceiling drapery panels between the windows in the corner and on the outer side of the left and right window. It will sofen the broken up look of the walls, and give the impression that the windows are larger and wrap around the corner. How about a buffet behind the sofa to service the dining room and create a separation between the two different areas? You'd get extra storage, and a place to serve from.
May 26, 2013 at 11:12am   
You've selected lovely pieces for your living room. Well done! I would prefer you use a sofa table instead of two end tables if there is enough space for one. Then I'd get two lamps for the sofa table.

If there isn't space for a sofa table, then I'd use one rectangular end table with table lamp at the wall end of the sofa and a floor lamp at the other end. In either case, I'd also add a small floor lamp for the two chairs. I'd move the chairs each about 6" closer to the table between them. The Crate & Barrel coffee table below appeals to me for its simplicity.

I'd like a lustrous silvery gray shag rug for your living area, or you could go neutral with a seagrass rug. I'm not sure, however, how the color of either of the rugs would go with your carpet.
Cara and Cole Sofa Table
Palazo White/Gray Rug
Color-Bound Seagrass Rug
Contemporary Requisite Gray Morell Silver Pleat Shade Ovo Table Lamp
Era Rectangular Coffee Table
May 26, 2013 at 11:29am   
Your walls and carpet look a little pink to me but it is probably just my monitor. Since all the spaces are linked I would use matching floor to ceiling drapes on the larger windows and a matching soft roman on the ones flanking the FP or any other small windows like them. Here's how they can work together in pic 1&2 below. You might try a tufted bench/table/hassock to go with the sofa. Agree about the art light over your FP piece.
San Carlos Residence Two
Kenmore Master Bedroom A
Button Tufted Upholstered Ottoman, Charcoal
May 26, 2013 at 11:54am   
Need a tight fitting door.
We are refinishing our basement and want to include...
Plug for a floor receptacle
We had floor receptacles put in when we built our house....
Ceder Walls- Options?
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to update...
Flat finish vs. Eggshell?
Our painter asked us which finish we'd like to use...