mousemaker
it's very nice and i am glad to see designs for people with disabilities. is the shower within reach of a person in a wheelchair? and how do you maneuver the wheelchair to use the toilet? or is it just the shower that is accessible?
the little table and decor are nice, but maybe a shower chair and other related items would be more practical.
Niki Papadopoulos
Glad someone brought up designing for those in wheelchairs. Making living spaces ADA compatible can be an interesting challenge. Technically neither of these spaces are ADA compliant as they are missing some important components, like grab bars. The rest gets very technical and specific, like exact mounting heights and allowable projections. If you want more information you can go here:
http://www.ada.gov/regs2010/2010ADAStandards/2010ADAStandards_prt.pdf

and go to page 160 and it will describe, with diagrams and dimensions the options for water closets and from there go into bathroom details. It can be a bit technical but it will have all the information you need.
    Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 10:48AM
Innovate Building Solutions
For residential homes it's not required that the space be ADA compliant (public buildings require spaces are ADA compliant , not private home) - but it obviously needs to work for everyone who will use the space (whether they are in a wheelchair or not). I'll provide a link below which answers some of the frequently asked questions about both "accessible" and "universal" bathroom design - hope it helps you ....
http://innovatebuildingsolutions.com/services/universal-design-accessible-remodeling
    Bookmark   December 16, 2012 at 3:52AM
plant question
what is the name of the flowers in the photo
cookbonnie
Atulya Heights and SupertechEdana in Vaishali are the...
Realtorprop
Frame material
With the framing and screens sitting on the extended...
jpincus
Paitings
phosh
Need feedback for kitchen design
Hello - I'm getting ready have my original 1949 kitchen...
mizzrizz
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Stefanie
Stay safe and warm, East Coast Houzzers!
Are you impacted by the blizzard on the East Coast...
What color floors would you choose?
I've bought a near completion spec home with 3" white...
happypeople22
Help, small bathroom
I want to redo this small cramped bathroom. I think...
ew09texas