Zen "feel" Rain Garden Ideas PLEASE!!
Krystal Sanchez-Powell
We desperately want to create a rain garden in the front of our house but have a slope. I really need help with color ideas, plant ideas and if we can even do a rain garden on this slope.

I really know nothing about garden but want to learn! BTW we live in WI.
HERE Design and Architecture
I believe that Tree People here in LA has information on rain gardens. I bet that they could steer you in a useful direction.
May 26, 2013 at 9:44pm     
Krystal Sanchez-Powell
Can someone please help us and give us some ideas!
May 27, 2013 at 7:11pm   
Banyon Tree Design Studio
Hi Krystal, The front yard slope makes it difficult for a rain garden installation. you may be able to insert something with large boulder retaining on the downhill side, but I would be very wary of that. An engineered bioretention system (concrete walls, stormwater basin and overflow) might be possible but I worry about the architectural style of your home and making that work. Best to work with and hire a local landscape designer to navigate this landscape challenge! You can check your local listing for APLD: Assoc. of Professional Landscape Designers and find a Certified Landscape Designer who could help you out. www.apld.org. Find a Designer feature. Good luck!
May 27, 2013 at 9:06pm   
David Hymel
Rain Dog Designs suggests a tiered or terraced rain garden. Take a look at these photos of a similarly sloped rain garden we recently designed and installed in Kirkland, WA We can suggest a planting plan if you like. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.584205414945487.1073741844.155125307853502&type=1&l=df0edff6a9
and https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.583684561664239.1073741842.155125307853502&type=1&l=2cc14323c2
May 28, 2013 at 6:11am   
mcbriec
Beautiful gardens, Rain Dog. Isn't there a problem collecting water so near the home's foundation/porch area?
May 28, 2013 at 5:31pm   
David Hymel
Hi mcbriec - no problem here as water flows away from the foundation. Need to be at least 10 feet away.
May 28, 2013 at 5:43pm   
Sweet Caroline Garden Design
I believe you said you're in Wisconsin -here's a great link on rain gardens from the University of Wisconsin : http://bluethumb.org/media/docs/UW_how_to.pdf
May 28, 2013 at 9:49pm   
Ottoman fabric, which one!?!?
Hi! So I'm back with a follow up question now that...
Need backsplash suggestions
We are building a home and are doing our own backsplash....
Need help to finish my guest room.
I fell in love with this comforter and have decorated...
Reclaimed wood coffee table accessories
Hi guys, We were looking to dress up and accessorize...
Help decorate TV unit
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to decorate...