Why did you choose to use a combination of inset and full overlay cabinetry? It looks great!
llee
May 28, 2013 in Photo Questions
Mahoney Architects & Interiors
The cabinets were made in Oregon for this kitchen remodel in SF. We needed to have a bit of tolerance in the layout. Frankly I really like the combo of inset and overlay and have used this look on a number of kitchens!
May 30, 2013 at 11:37am     
llee
Thanks for your response! I would love to see photos of the other kitchens if you have the time to share them. I'm considering doing this in my kitchen remodel.
June 15, 2013 at 10:16pm   
jennaffa31
What a brilliant idea. Might be the solution to my current dilemma. I love the look of inset but am finding the cabinet accessory options very limited for inset (at least for the line that is being presented to me). Is that typical, that inset has a lot more limitations than overlay?
March 7, 2014 at 8:33am     
Mahoney Architects & Interiors
Yes, inset has more limitations and due to the precise dimensioning it is more expensive. Inset also take away storage space in the grand scheme of things. Obviously we had lots and lots of storage in this kitchen. Us of the overlay below maximizes storage. Using the inset above we achieved the look we wanted.
March 7, 2014 at 9:25am     
llee
Do you feel this would work in a smaller, eat-in kitchen in a 50's ranch home? I am having my kitchen remodeled this summer and I would love to do this but I'm not sure how it would look in a smaller space. Thanks!
April 2, 2014 at 6:12pm   
pelletis
This is beautiful. Can you tell me the dimensions (height) of the upper cabinets? Is that 30" plus 15" an 8" crown? Truing to figure out the right combo for 9' ceiling,
June 15, 2014 at 12:32pm   
need help
Have a hardwood floor painted basement grey in a mud...
need help with old oak herringbone parquet floor finish
Need help with finishing original oak parquet flooring,...
Please HELP! Decorating the Living Room...
Hello everyone, I am hoping to get some advice on...
Laundry
What colour splashbacks would you put on an all white...
Help!! How should we place our can lights in the ceiling???
We are about to remodel our kitchen, and had an electrician...